• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Boom lift Drive Wheels torque fade

TVA

Is there another one like that on the same block?
Looks like it is counterbalance valve for drive, don’t know weather this one for forward or reverse.

This valve holds you machine steady until there’s pressure on either side of the drive, so adjust one way it will take higher pressure for machine to start moving, and the other way it will take less pressure for machine to start moving, but it may start free coasting on the hills.

bus-junkie

Yes, I blocked the lines going that go into the motors after the block in the previous picture. Same pressure readings, 2100 psi. forward or reverse.

bus-junkie

I'm not sure what you are asking. A spec.? Whenever I draw the boom extension cylinder all the way closed and hold it in that position the gauge on the main valve body will reach 2400 psi or so. When I hold the drive lever in either forward or reverse, with wheel motors plumbed up or with lines plugged I only get 2100 psi.

TVA

What is manual says your drive pressure supposed to be?
And that’s your gauge connected to main control valve?