1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Boom-Arm link pin

Discussion in 'Excavators' started by michel, May 1, 2011.

1. michel

michel Well-Known Member

Recently i noticed that on PC300-7 excavators the pin that link the arm and the boom usually brakes or rotates and especially when using hydraulic breaker, Any idea? Thx

2. jey_c

jey_c Senior Member

Check the clearance of the pin

3. Chris5500

Chris5500 Well-Known Member

Plant Mechanic
    Do you mean PC300-7's in general or a single PC300-7?

What do you want idea's on?

4. michel

michel Well-Known Member

In general, and yes of course i need to know why

5. Dr Komatsu

Dr Komatsu Well-Known Member

Pin Fault

Not a common problem on any P290/340/350's on breakers in UK, i assume the boom and arm are in the correct position when operating the breaker as this puts excess pressure on pins and bushes if breaker and machine are not being used correctly.

6. willie59

willie59 Super Moderator

Service Manager

Quite true, such as, never operate a breaker with arm fully extended with arm cylinder bottomed out. With cylinder piston bottomed out, there is no longer any hydraulic cushion, all the stress of breaker impact is on cylinder piston and arm/boom pivot pin.