• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bomag bw130ad

rhanglo

Occupation
Construction Director
I have a 1989 BW 130 AD.1000 hrs ex uk army in mint condition.
When the machine gets to normal aperating temp and on uneven ground it stops going back and forth. when the machine is cold it travels back and forth.
When the machine is on flat tarmac whether hot or cold runs ok.
also the vibrator has stopped working.
I also need to know what all the buttons are for on the dash.
As its broekn down at moment I would like to get all working.
\Any ideas

aja458

if it only moves when cold -sounds like the hydraulic pump is bypassing.I had a bw120ad that had a small crack in the hydraulic system(i dont remember the name of the piece) but it would not have proper flow to move the roller when hot. not a cheap fix. cost me $1600 12 yrs ago

rhanglo

Occupation
Construction Director
after 10 years I have gotten around to repairing bomag bw130 ad I have had all the electrics done engine starts and runs good brakes good all i have now is a problem with the drive, sometimes it goes in reverse, and sometimes forward, after leaving the machine on tick over, I see the drive is a closed circuit, anybody has any idea why won't go back and forward normally

rhanglo

Occupation
Construction Director
after 10 years I have gotten around to repairing bomag bw130 ad I have had all the electrics done engine starts and runs good brakes good all i have now is a problem with the drive, sometimes it goes in reverse, and sometimes forward, after leaving the machine on tick over, I see the drive is a closed circuit, anybody has any idea why won't go back and forward normally

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
When it stops, just it just stop or gradually slow down until it eventually stops?

rhanglo

Occupation
Construction Director
Well originally it slowed down and down and when warm it would go forwards or backwards, now sometimes it goes back but never goes forward then it sometimes it won't move at all, I checked the brakes and they go on and off, I am a little lost with Hydraulics

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Control linkage OK? If so then you will most likely need to get someone to check pressures. Also please post a serial number.

rhanglo

Occupation
Construction Director
Control linkage OK? If so then you will most likely need to get someone to check pressures. Also please post a serial number.
Hello. I will let you have the serial number tomorrow, thank you for answering

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Have you checked the control linkage? If it is OK then the charge pressure would be the next thing to check. Especially when the issue is happening.