• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bomag 120 ad 3 won’t move

Peteagem1

I’m working on a bomag 120 ad. After the machine sits for a few days it’s operated fine. When operating you get about 10 minutes of operation with no problem at all. The parking brake starts to lock up. After about a minute of it intermittently locking up I get zero movement. The engine takes no load whatsoever when moving the travel lever. I haven’t had the chance to put gauges on it but I’m leaning more towards something electrical the way it operates fine and then falls out and won’t move. The seat switch light does not come on and seems to be bypassed somewhere inside the belly of the machine. If it sits for a few days the machine will then operate fine. When the machine was running fine I pulled the parking brake coil power wire and it does lock up and the engine begins to die under load. It seam as if something is not directing fluid at all.
Any help would be appreciated thank you!

Vetech63

When you say it will operate fine….for how long? If I remember right the park brake works off of charge pressure, which also feeds your travel pumps.