1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat x-change on cat 304ccr

Discussion in 'Compact Excavators' started by hvguy, Aug 21, 2019.

1. hvguy

hvguy Senior Member

I recently purchased a 2007 Caterpillar 304 CCR, unfortunately the bucket is cracked, I welded it up but it's going to need a new bucket sooner than later, and I would like to expand and buy a smaller bucket for trenches. My problem is that nobody in my area can get a bucket, I can only get them on eBay at best.

There is a bobcat dealer right down the road that has buckets but they only fit the bobcat x-change system, does anybody know if there is a bobcat machine with 40 mm pins on the quick change adapter that attaches to the stick?
    IMG_20190820_133744.jpg IMG_20190816_173932.jpg
    IMG_20190819_173921.jpg

2. uffex

uffex Senior Member

Admin
    Good day
    I have attached a few parts of the information available on the web that may of use to you.
    Kind regards
    Uffex

Attached Files:

3. hvguy

hvguy Senior Member

That's handy, but you can see the bucket has been welded on quite a few times. Especially around the pin sections.

It's honestly a pile of junk. Just wanna buy a new quality unit.

4. StumpyWally

StumpyWally Senior Member

PE Civil Eng'r, Computer Sys. Mgr., Retired
    Liv'in the Dream ---------------> in Upstate NY
  5. hvguy

hvguy Senior Member

So it turns out I'm an idiot and my pins are 45.....

Got that knowledge from another page somewhere. However on yours I see it says isj and osj. And there is no CCR model.

What's isj?

6. Tags

Tags Senior Member

You're going to need more than pin size....pin spacing, front pin to back pin, and width to fit your stick. It would be easier to buy a new bucket. I've used these guys for buckets https://www.phoenixequipmentsales.com/ and also these guys too http://www.excavatorthumb.com/excavator-buckets.html. I've been real happy with both places. I always spec Esco style teeth on my buckets because I have yet to loose one or knock one off. A 24" bucket for that machine will probably be around $1100.00 or so opposed to buying a bobcat x change hitch AND a bucket, plus the time it would take to make it fit....

7. hvguy

hvguy Senior Member

Finding this attachment from a salvaged machine is turning into a task lol. No luck yet

8. pondo

pondo Well-Known Member

Hello, I have the x attach and highly recommend fighting / spending $ to get it. I am not in love w actual bobcat machines, but I switch buckets/ attachments several times in hour.
    I just cringe remember hammering on pins to switch from bucket to auger....
    Now I carry two buckets w all the time. Small for tough digging and big smooth edge for bailing or back filling. I bounce back and forth between the so easily I gain lots production...

Also if u need something special for project u can rent from your local dealer.

9. f311fr1

f311fr1 Senior Member

Fleeco has new buckets in stock. They sell direct.

10. NepeanGC

NepeanGC Member

I've got a hydraulic bobcat X-change coupler and 2 buckets sitting here... Would take some work to adapt it though I would think

Tags likes this.
  11. Tags

Tags Senior Member

I do understand that the bobcat Xchange is nice, but, I think you could buy a hydraulic pin grabber coupler and a bucket or two and still be ahead of the game due to the amount of fab work and plumbing/electrical you'd have to figure out to get the Xchange to work. I think Cat sells a manual pin grabber coupler for that machine too.....