• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat vibratory compactor motor removal?

kevman6

We have a Bobcat 72" vibratory compactor that needs bearings. Only procedure I have found says, 1- remove frame, 2-remove hydraulic motor. Well taking that motor isn't so easy. Its unbolted, but somehow locked to the shaft. Is there a clip or connection I don't know about? I took the motor apart, and it appears that one of the gears is a drive gear which comes right out. The other must drive the drum which is locked to the drum shaft somehow. Diagrams don't tell me anything, and the bobcat dealers have never worked on one. Any help is greatly appreciated. Most Bobcat rollers were Bradco, and it looks like one, but no model or ID plate.

Tags

It "should" slide right off. It's just a splined male shaft on the motor going into the exciter shaft. If something came apart or it abruptly stopped maybe it has jammed the motor. It is metal on metal though so it could just be snug and stuck with a little corrosion, maybe try lightly tapping the hydraulic motor with a dead blow hammer to get her loose?

kevman6

So far no luck removing it. I have been able to get it to move about 2 inches out, but still locked in. The diagrams say there's
a 2 i/2 inch long shaft on the motor with 1 1/4 inch keyway. I have to be close to the end. Maybe today. Thanks