• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat T740 Swashplate sensor error

davisgravel

Hello, just bought a bobcat T740 skid loader, it's showing an error code for left and right swashplate sensor, code is D7539 and D7541, what i found online says swashplate sensor out of range high. Any info on this problem would be appreciated, as well as where are the sensors located, and are they called something else, couldn't locate them on the bobcat online parts diagram. Machine is running and driving, haven't tried actually working it yet.

Txhayseed

Should show them on bobcat parts. They are in fact called swash plate sensors. They are located on the side of each pump. Usually if you have a swash plate sensor error the machine will not operate. You can unplug the offending sensor and move the machine in limp mode. Both out of range high sounds more like a wiring or software issue. Try unplugging both and see if codes change

davisgravel

Should show them on bobcat parts. They are in fact called swash plate sensors. They are located on the side of each pump. Usually if you have a swash plate sensor error the machine will not operate. You can unplug the offending sensor and move the machine in limp mode. Both out of range high sounds more like a wiring or software issue. Try unplugging both and see if codes change
Thanks for reply, I tilted cab and discovered a harness unplugged, it is a square 4 terminal plug but only has 3 wires in it, 1 terminal looks to be blocked off, and one of the connecters is missing, just the 3 wires Hanging loose . I do believe it's in limp mode because it seems to move quite slow even at full throttle. As for software error, what would that be, a bad ecm somewhere on machine?