• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat T595 Auto Idle quit working

OTG AuGres

Occupation
Hobbiest - Forestry and Wildlife Management
2018 Machine, 150 hours. Subject says it all. Dash light indicates that it is active, just never idles down. Set at 004 seconds. I’ve tried setting at different intervals, same results. Anything obvious I’m missing or suggestions before taking it to the dealer? Thanks.

dirtmonkey

Occupation
dozer monkey , self employed
Ok. Stupid question i gotta ask. Not meant to insult. Is your foot off of the throttle pedal ? I only ask because I thought i had the same issue. My dumb ass was holding the pedal down out of habit.

OTG AuGres

Occupation
lol. Not that stupid, but I appreciate you asking. Nope, that’s not the problem.

OTG AuGres

Occupation
Nope. Currently on vacation. Probably end up taking it to the dealer next week. It’s not a deal breaker, I just miss the convenience.

Canadian_digger

When I got my brand new T740 the auto idle was not working. If I remember right I had to calibrate the foot peddle. My dealer walked me through the process. It was simple. Sorry don’t remember how it was done.

OTG AuGres

Occupation
When I got my brand new T740 the auto idle was not working. If I remember right I had to calibrate the foot peddle. My dealer walked me through the process. It was simple. Sorry don’t remember how it was done.
Thanks CD...this sent me in the right direction. Found an older post on how to calibrate the foot pedal, and that corrected the problem. Now that I think about it, the machine would never rev to full RPM using the foot pedal, but now it does. After all this time, a 2 minute fix. Glad I didn’t waste the time taking it to the dealer.

DirtCrawler

Curious, is your throttle pedal (complete assembly-pad and arm) metal or rigid plastic. ??

OTG AuGres

Occupation
Curious, is your throttle pedal (complete assembly-pad and arm) metal or rigid plastic. ??
Plastic....I quit using the foot throttle. Every time I do, it seems I have to recalibrate for auto idle to work m

DirtCrawler

Ok, saw one in a T590 the other day and could have sworn they were metal. Seemed kinda cheap and flimsy for a foot pedal... Didnt they used to be metal in the bobcats on prior machines.?

OTG AuGres

Occupation
Ok, saw one in a T590 the other day and could have sworn they were metal. Seemed kinda cheap and flimsy for a foot pedal... Didnt they used to be metal in the bobcats on prior machines.?
This is my first Bobcat, so I really can’t comment on prior models. You’re right,it seems pretty cheap. Honestly, one of very few complaints I have with the T595. Overall, it’s a powerful and robust machine for its size and weight.