• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat T320 Cooling Fan

Bubba

Occupation
Locomotive Engineer, Property Management, Clearing
My Bobcat T320 heats up after 30 minutes operating. I can let it sit at full throttle and it starts to cool down. I dont hear the Hydraulic fan kick in and it makes me think that the fan is not turning fast enough to cool the hydraulics. I read that it has a porportial Valve. Can anybody comment on how to replace it or check it.

JBrady

Have you cleaned your coils? You have the radiator, oil cooler, and A/C coil, if equipped. The fan has to be able to pull air through all those coils and blow the heat out the sides. On my S250, the fan only comes on occasionally and shuts off I guess when it is cool enough. I think your T320 would have a hydraulic driven fan, but the older bobcats were belt driven. Might want to confirm what you have.

Bubba

Occupation
Locomotive Engineer, Property Management, Clearing
Have you cleaned your coils? You have the radiator, oil cooler, and A/C coil, if equipped. The fan has to be able to pull air through all those coils and blow the heat out the sides. On my S250, the fan only comes on occasionally and shuts off I guess when it is cool enough. I think your T320 would have a hydraulic driven fan, but the older bobcats were belt driven. Might want to confirm what you have.
I have a hydraulic fan, cleaned all radiators. Not sue how to check the fan to see if it is set at a higher speed when it gt hot operating. As soon as it get hot i let it idle and it cools down within a few finutes