• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat T190 Error Code 05-09

Marks Parks

I recently purchased a used 2007 T190 with 1,575 hours on it to use around my mobile home park property. No leaks of any kind. Hydraulics seems very tight and responsive. Engine runs strong.

When I'm working on a lot spreading dirt or limestone, I can run it, lift arm and bucket without issue. However, when I put the machine back on my road to fetch another load of limestone and am running it in a straight line I periodically get an alarm that will sound that is related to the hydrostatic pressure charge. Sometimes the code says "NONE". Sometimes the code is says "05-09" then quickly changes over to "NONE". The machine does not stop when the alarm goes off, nor is there any decrease in power. It does not feel sluggish in any way. Arm and bucket will operate fine. If I throttle back, the alarm goes off and I can continue running it for a while until it does it again.

I've read earlier posts on this site to educate myself on this issue and see that it can be related to a minor issue or a very expensive repair issue. I went to a Bobcat dealership and purchased a new sensor and thought I would start with changing it out first to see if it is related to a failed sensor. If the problem persists, I thought I would replace filter and check for any metal pieces and check the belt to see if it is tensioned correctly and for any wear and tear.

After I do this, and if the problem continues, what would be the next thing on a punch list that you guys would recommend checking?

crewchief888

I recently purchased a used 2007 T190 with 1,575 hours on it to use around my mobile home park property. No leaks of any kind. Hydraulics seems very tight and responsive. Engine runs strong.

When I'm working on a lot spreading dirt or limestone, I can run it, lift arm and bucket without issue. However, when I put the machine back on my road to fetch another load of limestone and am running it in a straight line I periodically get an alarm that will sound that is related to the hydrostatic pressure charge. Sometimes the code says "NONE". Sometimes the code is says "05-09" then quickly changes over to "NONE". The machine does not stop when the alarm goes off, nor is there any decrease in power. It does not feel sluggish in any way. Arm and bucket will operate fine. If I throttle back, the alarm goes off and I can continue running it for a while until it does it again.

I've read earlier posts on this site to educate myself on this issue and see that it can be related to a minor issue or a very expensive repair issue. I went to a Bobcat dealership and purchased a new sensor and thought I would start with changing it out first to see if it is related to a failed sensor. If the problem persists, I thought I would replace filter and check for any metal pieces and check the belt to see if it is tensioned correctly and for any wear and tear.

After I do this, and if the problem continues, what would be the next thing on a punch list that you guys would recommend checking?
I would check the drive belt and tensioner.
The controller reads engine RPM and compares it to charge pressure. It's a possibility that the 2 inputs aren't within the controllers spec, it could set a code, as it comes back into spec, the code hoes away.
Might also check the harness connector for a socket that's spread open slightly. That could also cause the sensor to not read correctly

:eek:

Marks Parks

I would check the drive belt and tensioner.
The controller reads engine RPM and compares it to charge pressure. It's a possibility that the 2 inputs aren't within the controllers spec, it could set a code, as it comes back into spec, the code hoes away.
Might also check the harness connector for a socket that's spread open slightly. That could also cause the sensor to not read correctly

:eek:
Thank you. I will start with those items and see where it takes me.