1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Bobcat T-590 bucket level install?

Discussion in 'Skid Steers' started by Hardline, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Hardline

Hardline Senior Member

Small business owner
    Hello, I have a customer that just took delivery of a T-590. It was supposed to have a bucket leveling system on it but came without. The dealer ordered one in for the machine and the owner wants to me to install it for him. What is involved on the new M series to install? Is it hardware only or will there also be software programming? Thanks JJ.

2. Bobcatdan

Bobcatdan Well-Known Member

The controller needs to be updated. If the dealer truly forgot to order it, they should at least labor wise put it on for free.

3. Hardline

Hardline Senior Member

Small business owner
    Thanks Dan, yea they said they would install for free but the owner does not want to shut down long enough to bring to the dealer. Wanted me to "just throw it on really quick" if it was that easy. I wasn't sure how involved it was on the new m series. Thanks again. I'll tell him to get it to the dealer. JJ.

4. CM1995

CM1995 Administrator

Running what I brung and taking what I win
    Don't take this the wrong way Hardline, the last thing I want to suggest is to take something off one's table, but I would strongly advise your customer to let the dealer do it in order to not void any warranties. If the install doesn't go correctly, it could the leave the dealer an out in covering any future warranty issues and your customer looking back at you.:cool2

5. crewchief888

crewchief888 Senior Member

we havent done ony bucket position installs on the M series 500's yet.
    the couple of 650/750's that weve done , i've heard a lot of really,really bad words coming from the guy that did them...:eek:

couple of fittings are a true PITA to get to without the "proper" tools, and the bucket positioning option has to be turned on via service software for it to work anyway.
    if the machine was ordered with BP and wasn't built with it, thats a warranty issue, if the dealer was suppose to install it at predelivery, an didnt, thats the dealers sevice dept's issue.
    3rd and most likely, sales took the order, and forgot to add the BP kit to the build order. that comes off the salesmans end od the deal..

:drinkup