• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat T-250 Low Charge Pressure Issue

nightrider05

Thanks crewchief. The machine is jacked up a bit too high and I am fighting the weight of the tracks. I will lower it down a bit.

The sprockets don't look rusted at all, and as soon as I bought the machine I coated all nuts,bolts on the tracks with fluid film...i think with an impact the nuts will come off...good tip on the jack bolts. I will keep that as a last resort.

Willie-
Hydrostatic unit is out. Have to remove the engine to pull the pump...book shows to pull the tracks in order to remove access panels and remove front engine/pump mounts.

The unit is in my garage, just in a location where I can't get any useful tools in place, such as a comealong or another skidsteer to help remove the tracks. Removing the tracks was the last thing on my mind when I pulled the bobcat into the garage. Tearing the whole thing apart was the last thing on my mind really.

nightrider05

I wish there wasn't a good reason to pull the tracks at this point...besides to replace them from using the machine so much.

nightrider05

ca6ee24d2782ace8407bfeecf4d41341.jpg

Woodbrothers

Crewchief I am having some very similar problems with an S250 that i am working on.

When the machine came in it was because it needed the fuel tank replaced. when i hopped in the machine to pull it in the shop the charge pressure light was on and it wouldn't operate the bucket. I called owner and he told me you had to rev it way up and then the light would go out and it would operate. He had unhooked the shut off solenoid where im assuming in this case it would of turned the machine off. The owner knew it had this low charge pressure problem and told me to look into that also. I pulled the engine replaced the fuel tank and put it all back together with the same issue when i got done. I hooked a gauge up to it and was only getting around 200lbs of charge pressure when it was reved up. My bucket wont operate also and the bucket lock light is flashing a code that it is fault to ground. I have replaced that solenoid with the same outcome with the new solenoid. when i tested the solenoid it ohmed out where to me i would think that it was a bad solenoid. Anyways back to the charge pressure issue. I removed the charge pump and took it apart and figured out it was worn out. So i put a new charge pump on it and when first fired up it didn't have any pressure and finally picked up and only gets around 200lbs max. You mentioned capping off the 4 lines coming out of the Hydra stat and then checking the pressure. What does this do or tell me? Any help would be greatly appreciated. if you want message me and give me your phone number and i can call you to discuss this.

crewchief888

Crewchief I am having some very similar problems with an S250 that i am working on.

When the machine came in it was because it needed the fuel tank replaced. when i hopped in the machine to pull it in the shop the charge pressure light was on and it wouldn't operate the bucket. I called owner and he told me you had to rev it way up and then the light would go out and it would operate. He had unhooked the shut off solenoid where im assuming in this case it would of turned the machine off. The owner knew it had this low charge pressure problem and told me to look into that also. I pulled the engine replaced the fuel tank and put it all back together with the same issue when i got done. I hooked a gauge up to it and was only getting around 200lbs of charge pressure when it was reved up. My bucket wont operate also and the bucket lock light is flashing a code that it is fault to ground. I have replaced that solenoid with the same outcome with the new solenoid. when i tested the solenoid it ohmed out where to me i would think that it was a bad solenoid. Anyways back to the charge pressure issue. I removed the charge pump and took it apart and figured out it was worn out. So i put a new charge pump on it and when first fired up it didn't have any pressure and finally picked up and only gets around 200lbs max. You mentioned capping off the 4 lines coming out of the Hydra stat and then checking the pressure. What does this do or tell me? Any help would be greatly appreciated. if you want message me and give me your phone number and i can call you to discuss this.

pull the charge relief, sounds like something is stuck under the seat of the valve.

capping off the drive hoses will isolate the pumps from the motors, eliminating the drive motors from the system.

:drinkup

Woodbrothers

Well about an hour before you replied I found in the book where it showed the charge pressure relief valve. Took it out and the face is very checkered up and scratched. Ordered a new one. Fingers crossed. When the machine has proper pressure does that send voltage to the bics valve on the hyd valve body?

crewchief888

Well about an hour before you replied I found in the book where it showed the charge pressure relief valve. Took it out and the face is very checkered up and scratched. Ordered a new one. Fingers crossed. When the machine has proper pressure does that send voltage to the bics valve on the hyd valve body?

no it doesnt.

charge pump is seperate from the main hyd pump, but they share the same oil supply.

off the top of my head, i'm thinking maybe you have some debris in the bics stem and it's not moving when the couil is energized.....

:drinkup