• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat scan tool

Pete w

Good morning!
So i recently acquired a diagnostic laptop...shhh... Unbeknownst to me, it has the bobcat software preloaded on there. Praise Jesus! All of our skid steers are bobcat and it would be amazing to be able to have that control. Now my question is...do they take a special connector? I have the Nexiq and i have the Cat, I wouldnt be surprised if Bobcat made their own as well but ive not heard much about them. Thanks!

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
You’ll need the remote start tool kit.
BOBCAT DIAGNOSTIC KIT (RST) - Bobcat Diagnostic Interface & Software.

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
Bobcat doesn’t use a standard 9 pin TMC/ATA J1939 connection. They split the harness and you connect into it with the Bobcat remote start tool. The Bobcat tool connects to your laptop with a RS232 cable.

Maybe you could connect with a generic TMC RP210c and USB, but that would require a lot of time and fuss to make it work.