• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat S70 Hydraulic Oil change help needed

norcal1970

Hi All,

I am a total newbie. I just bought a used bobcat S70 for some backyard work and I am doing a hydraulic oil change. According to the manual you rotate the dipstick and drain the oil and then fill it by rotating up the dipstick and filling it thru the dipstick. When I drained the system only 4-5 quarts came out. The system takes 4 gal and the reservoir holds another 5 qt.

Am I missing something here?

How do you flush the system or get most the oil out? What is the breather cap used for?

Do I really put in 4-5 gallons of hydro fluid thru the dip stick?

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks
Matt

crewchief888

if you drained 4 or 5 quarts, then refill with the same amount. and yes you refill through the dipstick tube....

while total system capacity may be 4 gallons, that number probably includes the tank.
you'll have to refill the tank slowly, as you've probably noticed the fill tube goes into the bottom of the tank, filling the dipstick tube, it takes a while for the oil to "level" out bwteen the tank and filler tube.
if you have the cab up, theres a plug in the top of the tank you can put a small funnel in ad refill from there. it takes about the same amount of time....

:eek: