1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Bobcat s250 engine removal

Discussion in 'Skid Steers' started by UpNorth Mini Excavating, Sep 21, 2022.

1. UpNorth Mini Excavating

UpNorth Mini Excavating Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, I have to replace my fuel tank due to a hole in it. Obviously, i have to remove the engine first and was wondering where a good source for the repair manual would be. Any ideas would be helpful. Thank you!

2. Txhayseed

Txhayseed Senior Member

Buy a service manual online or at dealer is your best bet. Engines are not to hard to get out. To do a fuel tank you can pull the entire assy. Out at once. Pumps and motor as a unit. Not much to it really. Now once thats out of the way you still got to get the tank out. And new one in. They fit it there tight. You need a big pry bar. 50 pounds of bacon grease a six pack and some patience. Not a hard job at all but getting the tank back in working it under and around all the weldements does just take some time.

3. Vetech63

Vetech63 Senior Member

You will need to get used to some pain first. For starters...have your wife stomp on your knuckles with cleats. You should be ready after that.

Coaldust and mg2361 like this.
  4. Txhayseed

Txhayseed Senior Member

Sounds like Vetech has been there done that before as well.

5. Coaldust

Coaldust Senior Member

Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
    Lots of heartbreak, broken dreams and disappointment behind that rear door.

mg2361 likes this.