• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat S250 ACS code on dash

Elast

Occupation
Heavy Equipment/Forestry Service Manager
We have a Bobcat S250 with the ACS code on the dash. When it comes up it stops the loader from lifting or lowering. Shutting machine down then restarting clears code for a few seconds then it pops up again. Anyone ever had this issue? I am trying to help out one of our customers who has bought an Doosan 25 ton excavator and Case compact track loader from us. We did not sell him this unit but he is calling me for help. Any idea's?

Elast:canada

ASPHALT04

Occupation
Owner / Doing whatever it takes to pay the bills!
I will grab my manual from the shop later today and see what the code is.

shane

Occupation
Independent Field Service
Howdy-

Press and hold the light switch, and in a couple of seconds it will display the fault code in the window. The code should be 32-xx with an ACS problem. Then we can offer more detailed help.

Good Luck

bobcatmechanic

Occupation
bobcat mechanic
more than likely its a bad lift actuator costs about 500 dollars dealer install to calibrate after install can be done in the field

Elast

Occupation
Heavy Equipment/Forestry Service Manager
more than likely its a bad lift actuator costs about 500 dollars dealer install to calibrate after install can be done in the field
Shane, Thanks for the reply. I found out how to retreive codes by a google search.

bobcatmechanic, you are correct. I talked to some guys and found out how the system works. It was an actuator but I could not install as the software was at 49 and the new actuator required 63. I had to refer my customer to the local Bobcat dealer to do the repair.

Thanks everyone. I knew that I would get the answer from someone here.

Elast