1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Bobcat S205 questions

Discussion in 'Skid Steers' started by spitzair, Mar 3, 2015.

1. spitzair

spitzair Senior Member

Squamish BC (Home), Slave Lake, AB (Work)
    Hello everyone,

The place where I used to work has a Bobcat S205 and they are wondering what oil to use in the chain case and how much it holds... Also, does it have the drain in the back below the 3 bolt cover or do we have to suck it all out through the top?
    Thanks!

2. crewchief888

crewchief888 Senior Member

chaincase uses hyd oil, approx 10 gal.
    depending on how old it is, it may or may not have a drain plug in the chaincase

:drinkup

3. JustinR

JustinR New Member

Hi my s205 is stuck in forward I can hold it in neutral or reverse but as soon as I letgo of the joystick it shoots forward n the bobcats tarts driving

4. bigsmoke

bigsmoke Active Member

Heavy equipment mechanic
    JustinR, you'll have more luck with your inquiry if you start a new topic instead of threadjacking.

The medium frame Bobcat loaders do run plain old hydraulic oil in the chaincase, but I've seen people run whatever they can fin in there. Some oil is better than none at all. I normally suck all the oil out the front access cover, while the oil is out, I inspect all the chains and sprockets.