• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat S205 questions

spitzair

Squamish BC (Home), Slave Lake, AB (Work)
Hello everyone,

The place where I used to work has a Bobcat S205 and they are wondering what oil to use in the chain case and how much it holds... Also, does it have the drain in the back below the 3 bolt cover or do we have to suck it all out through the top?
Thanks!

crewchief888

Hello everyone,

The place where I used to work has a Bobcat S205 and they are wondering what oil to use in the chain case and how much it holds... Also, does it have the drain in the back below the 3 bolt cover or do we have to suck it all out through the top?
Thanks!

chaincase uses hyd oil, approx 10 gal.
depending on how old it is, it may or may not have a drain plug in the chaincase

:drinkup

JustinR

Hi my s205 is stuck in forward I can hold it in neutral or reverse but as soon as I letgo of the joystick it shoots forward n the bobcats tarts driving

bigsmoke

Occupation
Heavy equipment mechanic
JustinR, you'll have more luck with your inquiry if you start a new topic instead of threadjacking.

The medium frame Bobcat loaders do run plain old hydraulic oil in the chaincase, but I've seen people run whatever they can fin in there. Some oil is better than none at all. I normally suck all the oil out the front access cover, while the oil is out, I inspect all the chains and sprockets.