• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat S205 High Speed Drive switch Intermittent

DavidWiebe

Hi, I'm hoping to find some answers here that my dealer seemed uninterested in talking about. My Bobcat S205 doesn't switch into high speed (drive speed) until it's warmed up a bit (It shows a blinking rabbit icon on the display). After about 20 minutes it will work to switch to high speed and it works fine. But then an hour later, it drops out of high speed and I can't get it back in. Flipping the switch doesn't do anything and I don't see any error codes anywhere.
Clearing snow, it's nice to have the high speed!
Any ideas?

DavidWiebe

After a few more times of using it, it seems that it might be related to overheating or something. Even though the oil temperature is still perfectly normal, it seems the high-speed will stop working if I push it hard while it's in high-speed or if I use it at full RPM 2700 or higher. When it stops going in high-speed, if I run it at 2400 for 10 minutes, then usually the high-speed starts to work again. I'm not sure why this happens, and it's not always that easy to fix, but often now it seems to do the trick.

frg

After a few more times of using it, it seems that it might be related to overheating or something. Even though the oil temperature is still perfectly normal, it seems the high-speed will stop working if I push it hard while it's in high-speed or if I use it at full RPM 2700 or higher. When it stops going in high-speed, if I run it at 2400 for 10 minutes, then usually the high-speed starts to work again. I'm not sure why this happens, and it's not always that easy to fix, but often now it seems to do the trick.

if the light blinks, it must be a problem, try to check error code when it blinks.