• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat S185 Hydraulic issues

Dahendo

Well the dealer says the control valve is screwed. Apparently they found scoring in the lift spool bore.
Either that or they also can't figure it out and are taking the replace everything route.

They can't locate a new control valve, I've found a used manual controls valve (SN; 6818039) but I need a ACS valve (SN; 7101354) From what I can see in the pictures, it appears to be the same block with some different fittings and spool ends.

Does anyone know if it is the same block and if the spools are the same so I could part out the two of them and make 1 that works for me?

Pretty sure the previous owner knew what was going on and I'm a sucker!

Dahendo

The machine I have is solinoid controls, the block I've found is mechanically controlled.

From looking at them both, they appear to be the same block and I think I might be able to swap out all the fittings to make it work.

LN Pipeline

Being electric/hydraulic, and the fact that the drift stops when you turn the machine off, I would think you have an electrical problem, rather than an internal leak.

I’d swap the wiring on your lift spool solenoid and see if the loader slowly raises instead of drop.

Maybe you have a wiring harness wore through somewhere.

Again, I know nothing of your machine. Never even been around a skid steer.

63 caveman

Just a guess but it sounds like the float detente on the back of the spool valve may not be centering the spool. If the balls or spring in there are messed up it could be causing the problem you are having. Did you check it out when you had the block out?

Dahendo

Well I got the call from the dealer that it's finally done. Over a month, mostly waiting on parts.

They changed the valve block and re-used all the components they could. They say after that it developed a new issue where they could only get 6 inches or so of travel on lift and tilt. Replaced PN# 6685157 and everything is fine. All I can find is that it's a valve but doesn't specify which one. I didn't get a chance to look at the control valve before they sent it in for core refund but I am suspicious that it was useable and 6685157 was the failure. Dealer insists differently though.

Thanks for your help, hopefully this thread will point someone in the right direction some day.

BC873G

I found this reference for PN# 6685157. Looks like it is a relief or check valve to me. It is part 44 circled in blue. Hope the picture comes through okay.

upload_2019-5-29_10-50-0.png