• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat plowing snow

phil314

Occupation
Instigator of Choas
Most posts are someone having a problem. Thought I'd post something different.
Bobcat is working great, so here's 8 min of me having fun and plowing snow.

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
I just got what looks like the same tires and wheels; the 22.5's on my cat 262C. Beast mode in the snow.

Bumpsteer

Occupation
Mechanical designer
Many moons ago I made a blade for my 743, re-worked a 6' Western off a Jeep. Had float and pwr angle.
Turned out to be an exercise in futility. With a top speed of 5mph one couldn't cast the snow, it would make a big windrow. Go to move it further and it would spill over.
Sold it to a friend, he put it to work pushing feed back to the cows in the freestall barn.
Sat for years after he retired it until is son dragged it in the shop and re-worked it to fit his Kubota rtv....back to snow duty for it, lol.

Ed

phil314

Occupation
Instigator of Choas
My plow started as a 7.5' western unimount. I kept peice of the frame and the blade. Everything else I built from scratch so that it would work well with the S650.
The combination of 2 speed plus 22.5 tires means I've got enough speed to get a good curl off the blade. Works well until I hit the 2+ ft deep drifts.