• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat Lr 6b Landscape Rake Rebuild

67kato

Hi All,
Working on replacing the 3 drive drive chains on our landscape rake. Does anyone know the proper tension for the drive chains? Service manual? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- John

67kato

I appreciate the look. I am not 100% sure but i found a service manual for a rake made by Paladin that looks exactly like my bobcat unit. Their recommended slack falls in line with what you have.
Thanks!

Jimbo

Paladin/Bradco makes a bunch of the renamed skid steer implements for Bobcat, Cat, Deere, etc.....
Very good quality stuff
Try a google search for your model number, may well turn up a service manual

heymccall

Why not use the OEM manual?

Where'd you buy the chains?
Did you buy the rake bars, too?

Attachments

• RockHound-72B-Owners-Manual (1).pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 27

heymccall

So, is it 1 to 2 inches, or, 3 to 4 inches?
Screenshot_20220605-121529_Drive.jpg
Myself, I set them at 1.5" deflection. And, I've had to put the jamb nuts on the opposite side of the jack screws, to keep adjusting the bearings for wear.

And, obviously, a Rockhound 72A is a Bobcat 6A Landscape Rake, and...
A Bobcat 6B Landscape Rake is a 72B Rockhound.

Last edited:

67kato

Paladin/Bradco makes a bunch of the renamed skid steer implements for Bobcat, Cat, Deere, etc.....
Very good quality stuff
Try a google search for your model number, may well turn up a service manual
Thanks Jimbo. Thats what we did. i have yet to get the slack dialed in, too busy in the field.

67kato

Why not use the OEM manual?

Where'd you buy the chains?
Did you buy the rake bars, too?
I didnt have the OEM manual but i found the Rockhound one that you have attached. I just have to find the time to adjust the chains.
I bought the chains from our local bobcat dealer. The bolt on rake bars weren't too bad so we straightened out the bent ones and installed them on the new chains with some new hardware. i priced those out and they were about $300 a piece!