• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat HB880 Breaker Hammer

djjdave1

Good morning to all. I have a HB880 that is dripping out of the tool end. We took it to the local Bobcat dealer and he did a quick fix a couple of months ago. said he replaced an O-ring. On the second use it started dripping. This isnt the first time that I have taken stuff to them and its been there a few weeks and when it comes back, guess what, problems are still there. So, its time to put it on the bench and break it down.

I have gotten the picture breakdown of the unit and it seems pretty straight forward, but I am looking for a service manual for it. The dealer says it will be about 10 days to get it, since it has to be printed. I am hoping someone on here might have access to one and be nice enough to forward a copy.

I know that once rebuilt I will have to take it back to them for the nitrogen charge in the top end of the breaker. I just figure that if I take it apart, I can order what I need to rebuild it and at least know its been done.

So if anyone can help with I would greatly appreciate it :Banghead

Thanks Dave

pondo

Is hammer still hitting hard?

Grease will drip out tip once tool is hot and this is normal.

Parts for rebuid are very expensive and Only necessary when they stop hitting or tool or holder shows excessive wear.

I have the manual you are looking for.
FYI, the owner's manual for HB breakers covers all the series.... seem strange the dealer does not have copy?
Also they should have access to it via the dealer only website ... ?

gwhammy

I have an atlas copco that will leak a very little oil. It's not enough to worry about so I just use it. Had bobcat hammers years ago and never had good luck with them.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I had one years ago as well. I got fed up with it and put it on a RB auction. I think they were made by Stanley then, but I could be wrong. I am not sure who builds their current hammers.