• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat Forestry door

barnbuilder

I purchased a used Bobcat forestry door off Ebay. I ordered all the mounting hardware from Allskidsteers.com. Yesterday I attempted to install everything on my A300. The door doesn't want to close completely. The upper right corner has about a 1" gap between the door and cab. Also the locking pin doesn't match up with door latch. It looks like the door is 1/2" high if I look at the pin and the magnetic sensor for the latch. Anyone have any suggestions or pictures of their machine? The door looks to be in good shape not abused. Doesn't look warped or bent but its hard to tell since its not really flat.

Todd v.

On mine all the holes are oversize so if you loosen up the hardware there should be some adjustment..

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
barnbuilder : …. You said you bought mounting hardware (aftermarket) …. What Hardware did you have to Buy ??? …….Did you NOT have a Door on your A-300 already ??? …

I Swap back and forth all the time between my OEM door & the OEM Forestry door (can't use a wiper on the Forestry doors due to the fact of the 3/4" thick Mar-Guard will get scratched up) ….. BUT there are no issues I've ever had with fit to the OEM Cab …… Are you using the ALL-STEEL hinges on the Cab Post/Pillar ??? ….. If you have a Gap in the Upper right corner You Can carefully twist the top side hinge on the door to modify the fit ….. It has happened that maybe the previous owner did NOT have the Safety Lacth mechanism hooked up and had the Door partially open and lifted the boom hitting and twisting the doors hinge …. Keep in Mind that you Should be using All-Steel Hinges the bottoms of the Original door hinges are a Composite material …. Those Forestry Doors are Frigg'n Heavy !!! …… Cheers

Last edited:

barnbuilder

My machine doesn't have an enclosed cab. No the hinges I purchased are plastic. I didn't know there were steel hinges for the forestry door. Guess I'll have to make a trip to Bobcat.
I had to stack washers behind latch pin to extend it to reach the catch. But it still doesn't catch. That would make sense with the loader hitting door but I don't see any damage. I'll look again tomorrow when I get home from work.

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
My machine doesn't have an enclosed cab. No the hinges I purchased are plastic. I didn't know there were steel hinges for the forestry door. Guess I'll have to make a trip to Bobcat.
I had to stack washers behind latch pin to extend it to reach the catch. But it still doesn't catch. That would make sense with the loader hitting door but I don't see any damage. I'll look again tomorrow when I get home from work.

Sometimes there is NO Tell Tale of damage if the Boom came up and hit the bottom of those doors ….. they have that rubber sealing door gasket that surrounds the Door and if the boom came up and made just a slight contact there will be No sign of it …. it's not like there are rough edges on the contact points either …. even the slightest bump will tweek the hinges ….. you have to keep in mind the amount of force a boom has even in a slight contact to the door ….

BUT YES there are steel hinges for the machine side ….. you can fabricate those easily enough too if your dealer plays stupid as to availability !!! ….. LOL

Todd v.

I have a 2015 S630 with a factory encloed cab and it looks like plastic hinges on it. The door side is metal though.

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
I have a 2015 S630 with a factory encloed cab and it looks like plastic hinges on it. The door side is metal though.

This is True Todd v. ….. my original door had the plastic hinges as well ….. it wasn't until I hung the Heavy forestry door on those hinges that I found out they were plastic …. CRASH …. there was the door on the ground …. my kit came with these metal HD hinges never gave it another thought about installing them …. now I know WHY the kit came with them …. LOL …. Live and Learn ….