• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

bobcat engine

CASE1234

I am changing the oil in my bobcat with a kuboda diesel engine. what do you all use as an additive to help from oil consumption. im going to put straight 30 weight in it. thanks for reading.

Vetech63

If it is burning oil its unlikely any additive is going to help for long. If it is leaking oil it wont help either. It sounds like you have deeper issues that will need addressed soon. I have heard of Lucas oil stabilizer being used in these cases, but I have never done this and cant say whether it helped or not. Better start saving some money for a engine repair or rebuild. The Kubota engines are very susceptible to dirt contamination through the air intake system, the rings and liners will wear out quickly.