• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat E50 advise

pafarmer

Occupation
Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
I have an immediate need to add another Mini Ex. to the fleet. Again I tried them all and this time around I feel in love witht he BOBCAT E50. It a powerful machine. I did not Demo it just a few minutes seat time at my local dealer. I need to be in the 5 ton class on this machine.The Deere is nice but not nice enough to justify the big dollars,IMHO, CAT the same as Deere, Kubota was very nice but the BOBCAT E50 shined above them all in almost every aspect. Anyone out there with a new 2011 or 2012 BOBCAT E50 ? and thanks in advance. I will be making a deal as soon as this weekend on a machine so any input is much appreciated.

Last edited:

pafarmer

Occupation
oh WOW !! How the heck did I not find this thread in my search. Thanks a bunch. Excellent video's. Probably the best set of video's on the use of an excavator I have seen. Pretty darn good operator too. Yes, I know the rules with some luck I will have something to show soon. On my way down to the dealer in a few minutes to see if my wallet can open wide enough to make this new purchase happen. I have plenty of work for her as soon as I can put this deal together....again thanks for the thread link and forgive my searching abilities, I did make an attempt to find E50 data prior to asking....... not sure what to say on why I wasn't able to find it. And thanks for the well wishes I appreciate that.

lumberjack

Haha I saw E50 and immediately thought of bobcatninja on youtube. He certainly has some great promotional videos for Bobcat!

Manatarms

pafarmer,

Which Kubota did you compare it to and what did you like more about the E50? I'm in a similar boat and I've been looking at the U55 / KX057 real close. I haven't checked out the E50 yet, so I'm interested in your opinion.

lumberjack

Comparing there U45 to the 55 seems weird. only a few hundred pounds difference and the chart on the 45 looked stronger than the 55.

pafarmer

Occupation
pafarmer,

Which Kubota did you compare it to and what did you like more about the E50? I'm in a similar boat and I've been looking at the U55 / KX057 real close. I haven't checked out the E50 yet, so I'm interested in your opinion.
I compared it to Kubota's U45S, which actually a heavier machine. What i liked about the E50 was the final cost of the bobcat was lower than the other by quite a bit. Special on Bobcat in my area now. I liked the fast cycle times. In my line of work, time is money, the faster we get done, the faster we move to the next job. I loved the cab design, plenty of room and laid out very well. I liked their thumb mounting and phyical size. Much better thanall of the others. It was also a very smooth operating machine in the short time i had to play on it. I like the way they designed the workgroup, strong and straight forward design. The sericeability was much better than the others.
The bobcat M series machines are just all around better built and designed. Bobcat really put a ton of thought and Engr. into their M series machines. Check one out , you WILL be very impressed .....

Last edited:

Manatarms

Thanks for the input. I was going to compare the E50 to the U55, which seemed to me to be a updated version of the U45s, but of course more $. Comparing the machines on paper drives me crazy. It is hard to get apples to apples specs on the machines. It just seems like they purposefully list slightly different specs for similar machines to make it impossible to compare. I guess there is no substitution for seat time.

pafarmer

Occupation
Your right... I like to go and see them , sit it them, run them, Demo , if at all possible. I really hate to exercise the dealer with a Demo when i just trying to compare to see what i need/want......The KX 121 is a 9k plus machine and also compares in weigh class. That is what i use to compare, first weigh the then all of the other aspects. Not saying it's right but you have to start someplace right ? E45, E50 , E55 pretty much the same machine with additional weight hanging off of it to up the operating spec's.....

Last edited:

pafarmer

Occupation
Ok , ladies and gentlemen the machine has been ordered. I purchased a 2012 E50 Bobcat full cab, 071 package with 18", 24" severe duty buckets and a 52" for the power tilt rotator. 2nd, Aux.hydro, Clamp and hydro exchange to change buckets fast and easy. I was told it will be here in a few weeks time.:usa

Last edited:

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Congrats on the purchase pafarmer.:thumbsup That will be a nice machine, if I had the workload to justify a new mini I would love to have one set up like that.

pafarmer

Occupation
h
pafarmer,

How is that E50 treating you is it everything you expected ??

It's an awesome piece of machinery. It is more than I expected. I am very pleased with it. Power to spare, comfort in a great cab. The cycle time is qiuck and smooth that's the most noticeable thing for me. How much more I can get done in a days time is truly impressive. I highly reccommend the E50 to anyone in the 5 ton weight class. It the best machime in the class by far..Great machine. If you have any specfic questions about the machine I would be more than happy to answer. Wish i could figure out to post a picture but it just like Tom's but a 2012 with a bunch more goodies. I will highly endorse the premium seat option.

:usa

Last edited:

Carl Peter

pafarmer,

How is the trenching power of the e50 I do a lot of sewer work in very hard ground??

Mini's I have run in the past lack a little in breakout force

pafarmer

Occupation
Exceptional Power. I have been using the machine in extremely rocky ground with no issues. Power is not an issue with the E50. Very happy with the E50.

Last edited:

Carl Peter

I have been running my 420E Cat backhoe which is an animal trenching but hard to fit in certain places not sure if I will be disappointed going back to a mini,

Its been a while since we had a mini they seem to have come a long way especially the Bobcat..

firetrack

pafarmer,
Been following this thread and am impressed by the positive comments for the E50.
I ordered my new one a short while ago and should have it delivered in two days. I got 2012 E50 with long stick, a/c cab, uhf, stereo, angle blade, rubber track, 12/18/36' digging buckets and 48' tilting batter bucket, rotating beacon, reflective safety stickers and all its SWL decals etc to comply with Australian 'Mine Spec"
Once we've done a few hours one it I'll post another comment.
Firetrack

pafarmer

Occupation
pafarmer,
Been following this thread and am impressed by the positive comments for the E50.
I ordered my new one a short while ago and should have it delivered in two days. I got 2012 E50 with long stick, a/c cab, uhf, stereo, angle blade, rubber track, 12/18/36' digging buckets and 48' tilting batter bucket, rotating beacon, reflective safety stickers and all its SWL decals etc to comply with Australian 'Mine Spec"
Firetrack

Congrats Man !! You are going to love the E50... It's one hell of an excavator. The more I run mine the more I like it. I think its by far the best machine on the market today in the 10k class..........Let me know what you think of it once you put a few hours on it. I am sure you are going to be impressed with it. I have allot of equipment and this BOBCAT excavator is probably my favorite peice to run. Really nice machines,,,,We have been doing allot of house foundations with ours these days along with state jobs and Gas work. The machine has had zero issues so far. Keep us posted.

Farmer

Last edited:

Carl Peter

pafarmer,
Firetrack

Question if you are going to get the E50 with a long stick why wouldn't you just get the E55 model ??