1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Bobcat E32 hard start

Discussion in 'Compact Excavators' started by UpNorth Mini Excavating, Mar 11, 2020.

1. UpNorth Mini Excavating

UpNorth Mini Excavating Active Member

Hey everyone, so I have a Bobcat E32 mini excavator that starts hard. Im not sure what is wrong with it. Battery is almost new. It cranks really low when it first starts turning like the battery is almost dead and after 7 or 8 cranks it fires up. Now if I put a battery charger on it and crank it will crank faster but still take 7 or 8 cranks before starting. Anyone have any ideas? Now it seems like after I start it the first time, then it fires within a few cranks. I have a bobcat 325G that starts alot better than this E32.

thanks

2. Clguest

Clguest Well-Known Member

What year is the excavator? How many hours does it have? Are you allowing the preheater to work before you crank the engine?

3. UpNorth Mini Excavating

2013 with 2200 hours. Yes the preheater is counting down.

4. uffex

uffex Senior Member

Admin
    Good day
    Suggest get the injectors checked out, they can result in a hard start only show up with a initial burst of smoke.
    Kind regards
    Uffex

5. Bls repair

Bls repair Senior Member

Equipment operator,mechanic
    What kind of shape is the starter in?

6. bobcat1

bobcat1 Well-Known Member

Keyless ignition ?

7. UpNorth Mini Excavating

So here is what I did. I went ahead and checked all of my grounds(or so i thought) and replaced my alternator and it was bad. I removed the starter and found there was another ground under the starter that gies to the frame. The connection from the wire to the connector was lose. I installed another connector and will see if that helps once I get finished repacking my cylinders. The starter seems to be in good condition and no it has a keyed ignition. My next step will be taking a look at the injectors if this doesnt work. Thanks

8. UpNorth Mini Excavating

**Update** So after looking around I noticed that I had to much resistance on the ground side with my ohmmeter. I decided to remove the starter and that is where I found the problem. There is a ground that goes from the starter to the counterweight and I noticed the ground wire was very lose in the connector. I installed another connector and put everything back together and it now starts like a champ. Thanks for all the info.