• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat diagnostic tool and software S185, S300,T190 and so on

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Hi Guys
Does anyone know the part number for the laptop diagnostic tool and software for diagnosing Bobcat skidsteers like S185, S300,T190 and so on . Is their a hand tool for turning off the service light in the skid steer or is the laptop and interface tool the only thing for this purpose .Also if anyone is willing to share the software that would be great. If any one can let me know it would be very helpful.
Thanks
ED

crewchief888

bobcat's remote start tool is expensive, i'd guess in the $750 -$1000 range.

the software is available only to dealers.

i usume you are talking about the service warning light. with the newer style dash ( the type with the "information button") the monitor can be reset by that button.
toggle through the settings until the monitor icon comes up, then press and hold the button until it resets.
you cant reset the old style dash without service software, nor can you disable the monitor without service software.

:drinkup

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
crewchief888
Do you know the part numbers for the diagonstic tool?Need the tool to run diagnostics skid steers .I work on some of the old ones. And with the service light it is a pain the but for the custumer.

Part sman

On the older panels, press the light button to turn on panel and then press and hold HIGH FLOW and AUXILLARY PRESSURE RELEASE buttons at the same time. RESET will appear in hour meter display. This will just reset it - not shut it off for good

crewchief888

crewchief888
Do you know the part numbers for the diagonstic tool?Need the tool to run diagnostics skid steers .I work on some of the old ones. And with the service light it is a pain the but for the custumer.

the tool you are refering to is called a remote start tool. it's an interface between the machine & service PC
the tool alone doesnt do diagnostics, you need the service software that's only available to dealers.

you say you work on older machines, the remote start only connects to G series and newer machines.

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Thank you both crewchief888 and Part sman for the information on services warning light reset on both the new and old bobcat skid steers.

Actuator

crewchief888
Do you know the part numbers for the diagonstic tool?
Remote Start Tool (MEL1563):
1. Service Tool Harness (MEL1565)
2. Service Tool Harness Communicator (Computer Interface) (MEL1566)
or
REMOTE START TOOL (SERVICE TOOL) KIT - 7003031:
1. Service Tool Harness (6689747)
2. Computer Service Tool Harness (6689746)
3. BOSS® Service Tool Harness (6689745)

crewchief888

crewchief888

the remote start DOESNT do any diagnostics, it's an interface between the machine and bobcat service software.

bobcat software is proprietary and available only to authorized dealers.