• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat bucket lift

drs6120

image.jpeg just bought another bobcat s200 that has been sitting for a while I was told. I had a hard time to get the bucket to lift seemed like hydraulics weren't even trying to lift than I tilted the bucket down than tried to lift if started lifting. But the bucket didnt stop until I hit the foot pedal to go down and that doesn't stop until I put the pedal to go up. I assume it is a sticky valve or is the linkage that tight that it might do that? Any ideas were to start. It looks like the bobcat has had some rust before it USA painted. Since I see were rust has pitted before

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Pop the cab open and start checking linkage. First make sure it pivots free where the link connects to the left foot pedal. Next check the pivot on the traverse bar that transfers the linkage from the left side of the machine to the right side, there's a pivot point right in the middle of that traverse bar, in the center and mounted on top of the chain case, make sure that pivot point is free. If that doesn't do it then it's likely a problem in the control valve such as corrosion on the back side of the control spool where the centering spring is located.

05sprcrw

When I first got my machine somebody had adjusted the pedals and it wasn't allowing for full travel of the tilt so it was real slow one direction because I coudln't fully operate the valve. If everything is free I would make sure the pedal will let the valve fully open both directions. If I remember right my pedal was slid too far back which "rolled it forward' so when it was in neutral it was almost all the way forward and touching the floor so it had very little room to roll forward and didn't operate well. I adjusted that and it was good to go luckily.

Vetech63

Also make sure there isn't 3 lbs. of dried mud under the pedals. Operators love to climb in the cab with mud on their feet, then it gets squished through the pedals and dries up like concrete.