• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

bobcat breaker

DGODGR

I thought Teledyne bought the Stanley hammers. They are now BTI and may have the parts you need.

cdm123

If you look at the picture provided by lamgar there is a square acumulator? on the front aproximatly 5" square with 4 allen head bolts this is what has split on mine and i am trying to find a replasement for it.

dieseldog443

you can not go to a tire shop and have them charge your breaker, that is just stupid. I have worked on Allied, Rammer, Bobcat, Kent, Stanley,and have never seen a breaker with one accumulator that is low pressure. Ex. 1 low pressure and 1 high pressure or 1 high pressure. I just finished one and i hate filling accumulators, you never know if the valve, housing, or hose could burst, but you just have to becareful and inspect your unit as best you can. If i owned a breaker i would buy a charging kit ($200-$500) some come with a bottle and get th right manual for your model and serial number. All of Bobcats breakers are good if they are properly taken care of. The most common problem i have seen is "not storing the breaker properly" do not let them lay down. must be stored standing up to prevent damage to the lower piston seal and piston. when in operation put pressure on tool and grease every 2-4 hours. they are not hard to rebuild, if you have questions let me know. Powerwash off, Mark all parts exactly how they come apart, remove seals, clen all parts , inspect all parts rust/chips/ cracks, make sure parts that are suppose to be free are and ones that are tight are tight *KEY be sure that the piston is comepletely smooth no flaws, if so small defects can be polished out on lathe*. install seals, and assemble bottom to top using white lithium grease on all internal parts and anti-seize on most external parts. let me know if you need any parts i can possibly get them for you. i would fix it for you but you are a little out of my area, lol. questions contact me, here to help. "tire shop, Nasa should fire there mechanics and sub it out to Jiffy lube to save money, right. stay safe. 1 more thing "always discharge the accumulator valve(s) Before disassembly.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I had a Stanley/Bobcat breaker. I think it was a 3670 or something like that. I broke a lot of concrete with that breaker. It started not hitting very hard. Turned out the accumulator was out of it. I sold it at auction got 2500 for it and put it toward an Okada. They certainly reach point that putting more money into them doesn't make a lot of sense, especially on these smaller units. I don't know if I would say they are disposable but they certainly can be.

fencefool

bobcat 2500 breaker

I might be a day late and a dollar short for this thread but I have a bobcat 2500 and replaced the diaphrams and it works good. I use it mostly for pounding t-posts but oil has been coming out of the bottom by the point. Do I have to replace the diaphrams again if I tear it down to replace the seals and are the seals special or can I take them out and take them to my local hydraulic store to match them up? Thanks

fencefool

I'm pretty sure it is oil because the breaker is not applying the pressure pounding t-post as it would if breaking concrete and building up heat. It also will slowly leak when it is stored and I looks light 30 weight which is what my tractor requires. The breaker sat for 4 years before I bought it so I figured the seals were probably dried out. I should have fixed them when I had the diaphrams out the first time but oh well

Jbullfrog

I just got off the phone with Construction Tool Parts, 800-500-5221. They make the urethane hats and seals for Stanley mb250 and 350 breakers. They also have most of the other wear parts.

Jbullfrog

My MB250 lays on my trailer when not in use, which means I have to replace the hat and o-ring every 5 years or so. I took it to Titan to get charged and they said it needed the seal replaced, but they can't get them anymore. I bought a newer MB05 to take it's place. I called Stanley to get a mounting bracket to fit it to my excavator and mentioned it was replacing my MB250 that was leaking. They gave me the number for Construction Tool Parts in Portland 800-500-5221 to get my hat an o-ring. They have or make all the soft and wear parts for the Stanley breakers.