• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

BobCat ACS error

ShankFarm

New to the group here, but hoping someone can assist --- recently purchased a BobCat 753 - worked well until last weekend, after sitting for a week, the Hydraulics seem to be locked out - The ACS light is on and the 32-65 error code states "Sensor supply voltage out of range"

Assuming I've got a fuse or something out --- Service manual is on order but unlikely to arrive before Memorial day --- and prefer to not call in service for something easy. I've got the Memorial day weekend max planned for my new toy - as the wife calls it.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks,

CR Shank

bobcatmechanic

Occupation
bobcat mechanic
the fuses if its a f series is back in the tail gate by the engine either on the r/s near the door there are 2 clips that hold a black cover on them and there are 4 fuses in each one check them if its a g series its between your legs a 1/2in wrench will take the 2 bolts off and the cover. here recently we have replaced the controllers on a few hand control machines and it fixed the problems it may be just a spool lock bad you really didn't specify what the supply voltage was to but there are a few things to try also try looking at the wiring harness and see if you have a rubbed wire or broken wire in the harness

bobcatmechanic

Occupation
bobcat mechanic
if its hand control it may also be an actuator bad they go bad there about 500 dollars and dealer needs to calibrate them because bobcat made the new actuators require a version 63 or higher so the dealer has to calibrate them now just something else try.

shane

Occupation
Independent Field Service
You've got an interruption of 5v supply from the computer that runs the controls. It comes out of the plug on the controller and branches to the handles, foot pedals if also equipped and the actuators(servos) on the control valve.

Was it wet and rainy during the break?

I'd pull the plugs on the controller-I believe it's mounted to a bracket dwon low next to the steering levers under the cab-clean and inspect them. Check for pushed back pins in the plugs. Sometimes a pin will corrode to the point that it sticks in the female part and breaks off.

If they look okay-put some dielectric grease on the plug and put it back together.

The harness that connects all of that together is the ACS harness. You could have a broken wire there-look for rubs.

You could have a bad sensor(handle or pedal), actuator, or even the controller, or a combination.

I have found it's usually pins or wire rubs, but I've had some nightmare problems also.

Incidentally, you might consider investing in the electrical manual as well as the service manual. The service manual will provide the schematics, but the separate electrical manual has the troubleshooting charts for all the codes. They are available paper or cd.

Wish I could help you more-I'm good at this, it's what I do, but that's about all I can do without actually seeing the machine.

Good luck.

droucom

Hello to all,
first I must to excuse my poor english, I writing from Spain, I will atempt to explain as best as possible my problem.
I write at this post for two reasons, first I'm new at this comunity, and second I have a problem like the problem of this post.

At our company we repairs construction machinery but we are'nt dealers of any trademark.

We have to repair a Bobcat S130 with serial nº 529615XXX, it has the lift and tilt at hands. Those movements doesn't works. At panel appears 32-65 code. I have controled voltage at hand sensors and at the actuators, at all there are 5.01 V. So I have thought there was the controller bad. I have buyed a new controller ref: 6680410 and I have this code at panel 32-23. (Not calibrated) Can I solve this on the machine?? Or It may calibrate a dealer.??

I was agreed to any one can help me.

Tnks.

droucom
Barcelona, Spain
www.canalbarberan.com

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Sorry I can't help with your problem, I just wanted to commend you. Your English was not bad at all, better than some that live here in English speaking country. This sounds like a problem for bobcatmechanic, I see he's off-line right now, maybe he'll jump in later and be able to help with your problem. Good luck. :usa

shane

Occupation
droucom-

I have worked for a Bobcat Dealer for many years. Yo trabahando muchos anjos......never mind.......=). Your English is GREAT!

Your tests are exactly right, and I agree with your diagnosis! 5v out, 5v all around, 5v back in, and the controller thinks it's not 5v....it has lost it's mind.

Yes, the new controller needs to be programmed and calibrated by a dealer with the software and computer interface.

droucom

Thnks for you atention,
one more question, 5v back in?? I did'nt look for it. I have tested out voltage at hand sensors, and it was about 3.3 V in neutral at both sensors. Is this correct??
tnks one more time.
David.

droucom

Solved

Hi again!

I has solved it!!!

I was calibrate the controler on the machine without conecting any computer on the machine. It was preconfigurated and must calibrate on the machine.

David.

Last edited:

shane

Occupation
Good Morning-

Just woke up and saw the message-

That's great! I was just going to schematics to double-check, because I thought you meant you had 5V at all supply points. Outputs will be somewhere in the middle of 5V When the handle is in neutral.....but you know that!......=).

They must have sent you a pre-programmed controller!.....=).

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
Hello to all,
first I must to excuse my poor english, I writing from Spain,

:drinkup Welcome droucom, congratulations on both your English and getting the problem sorted.

It might not be perfect but it is both understandable and a million times better than any other language you could ask me to use. :notworthy :drinkup

Zander5

Hi
I am new here . I have a 1995 753 Bobcat and I have a fault code that keeps showing up the last week or so . I am looking some one that can tell me what the code is .
The code is A-006

poconoscape

Occupation
Owner
I seem to have simlar trouble. I just joined this forum, partly due to this problem. You all have been very helpful. My error code is 32-65 and I get the ACS light on about 1-2 minutes after I turn the machine on. I checked the voltage to the foot pedal and the handgrips and I get 5.1 volts to the orange wire. I am not sure where I should go from here. Any ideas?? Thanks again.

bill5362

Occupation
I own a excavation company and a rolloff container
Droucom welcome to the forum, there are a lot of good people on here, looking forward to some more post from you. Your English is just find, glad your problem is fixed....

mybmw

Hello Guys, I have a S150 bobcat 2007 model only worked 500 hours, it has been sitting for a week in the rain, I jumped in started it up but the Hydraulics seem to be locked out - The ACS light is on and the 32-65 error code states "Sensor supply voltage out of range", this loader has a cab but I have been using it without the front glass door for around 6 months so first I thought maybe, the door not closed sensor cable is playing up, anyway checked all the hand & foot pedal sesors cables disconnected each to see if it makes any difference, checked for rubbed or broken wires missing or bent lugs on the plugs but all seems ok. A thing that I have noticed is that every few moments there is some kind of noise like gurgling coming from near the actuators servos etc. I have checked the acs module that too seems to be ok as far as that it the insulation around the electrical plugs is not perished or damaged etc. checked the module & it seems like it is getting the 5.35v into the acs module, I have alread spent a full day & am frustrated would appreciate any assistance, thanks everyone

NCPIPELINE

Occupation
The Fixer
Morning, I have a t190 closed cab, and every once in a while my lift arms to not respond. Machine has been down now for a few hours, some days does not happen, some days it will not work all day! Any ideas?

Dantec

Faulty controiler

Morning, I have a t190 closed cab, and every once in a while my lift arms to not respond. Machine has been down now for a few hours, some days does not happen, some days it will not work all day! Any ideas?

I'm sitting in my garage waiting for Bobcat machanic to come to install and program my new controil box for my 2008 T250. I think 700.00 is a lil steep in price since he said that they have problems with these things. They keep some in stock because they keep going bad. Grrrrr I got a code and boom would quit. I had to unhook battery for 10 mins to get it to work . It's been doing this on and off for a yr or so. Finally stoped working.

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
Out of curiosity ..... what was the code numbers ?? ....... let us know what the mechanic finds ...... cheers

Dantec

Out of curiosity ..... what was the code numbers ?? ....... let us know what the mechanic finds ...... cheers

32-04 was my code. Machanic says when he see's that code it's almost always the controil box. 450.00 was the price of box so. I guess it's not to to bad. I put it in my self but he did have to program it with laptop. That fixed it. Was also getting attachment hyd shutting down in past. He said that should stop all errors also. Dan.

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
That's awesome that it's fixed .... so I guess that $450 is better than $700 as you originally posted ...LOL ..... I guess that that mechanic did not have to travel too far, otherwise the mileage and hourly will rack up a bill in a hurry ...... unlike myself where it's a 5 hr round trip to call them in ....

But i'm a little confused what control box you are refering to ...where is it located ? ...... great to see you going again ...cheers