• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

bobcat 863 warning indicator lights

toyman

Occupation
Owner of Excavating Company
I have a 1999 (?) 863 high flow skid loader. I had a warning light come on the last time I was in it and can't find anything about what it is. If you are familiar with the locations of the lights, this one is at the top right. I thought it was a low oil indicator so I went and changed the oil and filter (it was due anyway). when I ran the machine to get it out of the barn there was no light at idle, as soon as I raised the RPM's and started to move the light came on. I've checked the hydraulic oil (full) and everything else I could think of. I don't have a manual (owners or service).

I kind of looks like a tear drop with a squiggly line at the bottom and an arrow just above it. Is it a chain case level indicator? If so where would I fill that back up.

Thanks in advance..........Toyman

dumpchuck

Occupation
heavy equipment mechanic
Sounds like a filter restriction warning, possibly the hydrostat filter. We have a 763 where I work, I will check the manual when I get to the shop tommorow and let you know what i find out. Could also be a bad sensor or a wiring issue.

toyman

Occupation
Thanks for the help. Hopefully that will be all it is, let me know whatyou find out.

Toyman

shane

Occupation
Independent Field Service
This is common when the weather turns cold.

The cold hydraulic oil is thick and by-passes the filter on start-up. As it warms and thins, the the by-pass will close at idle, but if you increase rpm, and therefore charge flow and pressure, the light will come on again.

After the machine reaches operating temperature, the light won't come on again.

Change your hydraulic filter and it should stop altogether, but if it gets REALLY cold, it will do it with a new hydraulic filter, too.

toyman

Occupation
I am picking up a Hydraulic filter in the morning. I kinda figured it was that, but with out having a book I wanted to make sure.

thanks for the helps guys.

Toyman

therealjohnboy

Run it again till it does it then hold down the lights button for about 5 secs and it will scroll the service codes on the hour meter check them in the owners manual thats on the chain behind the seat and it'll tell you whats going on