• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat 863 Throttle lever creeps back

Bobcat99

Hi everyone,

So, I finally put my bobcat 863 back to use the other day to do some snow clearing. I gave that epoxy on that pivot bushing a full week to cure (well a few hours shy of a week, but who's counting).

Anyway, throttle lever doesn't want to stay at full throttle; it just creeps back to about 1/2, which was good enough to plow the snow. I noticed this when I first purchased it, but I was hoping that tightening the allen screws would do it. Looks like it's not that. I've heard it could need a throttle kit, with new washers etc. But before buying that, I wanted to make sure there was nothing else I'm missing. I heard about a possible spring that needs adjustment, but I'm not sure.

Maybe there's something I could shim on my own?

Thanks in advance.

Joe

monster76

Occupation
Contractor
Ive had 2 skid steer with a similar problem both of them were thanks to my over wieght operator who would put outward pressure on the joysticks and when he would back up they would contact the throttle and move it back

crewchief888

Hi everyone,

So, I finally put my bobcat 863 back to use the other day to do some snow clearing. I gave that epoxy on that pivot bushing a full week to cure (well a few hours shy of a week, but who's counting).

Anyway, throttle lever doesn't want to stay at full throttle; it just creeps back to about 1/2, which was good enough to plow the snow. I noticed this when I first purchased it, but I was hoping that tightening the allen screws would do it. Looks like it's not that. I've heard it could need a throttle kit, with new washers etc. But before buying that, I wanted to make sure there was nothing else I'm missing. I heard about a possible spring that needs adjustment, but I'm not sure.

Maybe there's something I could shim on my own?

Thanks in advance.

Joe

best thing you can do is get the fibre washer, 3 wavy washers, and the plastic lever and replace it all.

the fibre gets worn, or broken, the wavy washers get rusted, and break then eats into the plastic lever.

:drinkup

Bobcat99

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the delayed response, just been a little busy. But thanks for the input. I guess I'll simply have to order the whole kit then. Sure is annoying running on medium-low sometimes.

Joe

DoyleX

Occupation
Lever Puller, Gear Jammer, Pipe Twister
Bungee cord or afro wire to the rescue!

Bobcat99

Hi Guys,

Okay, so I'm just getting to this creeping throttle right now, and I have another question. I took the throttle body apart. The rubber or fiber washer between the lever and metal bracket is shot, only half was there. The bracket was pretty rusty, with deep pits, so I stripped it and filled the pits, so it has a smooth seat for the new washer.

Now, the three wavy washers are rusty, but not broken yet, and still seemed pretty strong. So maybe it was just the fiber/rubber washer causing the creep, I don't know. Either way, I'll replace the metal ones too.

You mentioned, though replacing the plastic lever. Do you mean that I should also replace the plastic block, that the metal lever attaches too, and it attaches to the linkage, and the three wavy washer fit over the protruding circle? If so, mine seems a little worn around where the wavy washers go, but not too bad. Would that little wear have any bearing really?

I just wanted to double check if we mean the same thing, and if it's necessary, before Bobcat tries to sell me a whole kit, instead of just the washers.

Thanks, guys.

Joe

kristafa

hey bobcat99, i just did the new washers and fiber washer on my throttle (s130) as it was completely rusted and seized. since replacing fibre and wave washers (x3) its like new again. my brackets were badly rusted and pitted too but i just cleaned them up and reassembled, no issues now. you will need the 3 washers to be reinstalled though, I tried just one and there's not enough tension to stop it creeping. maybe your rusty wave washers were flattened out too much.