• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat 863 High Flow Problem

bobcatguy

Hi all. I picked up an 863 at auction. I cannot engage high flow. Nothing lights up on button. Regular hydraulics work fine. Any idea what to look for?

jacobd

Are you sure it's equipped with high flow hydraulics? Lift the cab and look at the gear pump. If high flow it will have two outlets as opposed to just one outlet for low flow.

jacobd

I believe that is a high flow pump so you're good there. It's probably just an electrical problem. Hold down the headlight button and tell us what codes flash on the hour meter. Also just to be clear, with the standard auxiliary hydraulics activated and functional nothing happens when you press the button for high flow?

jacobd

873 high flow valve.jpg

Behind the access cover on the left hand side under the loader arm you should find a valve block that looks like the picture. #4 is the high flow solenoid. It must be activated for high flow to function. Check for voltage there when the high flow is engaged.
What is the serial number of your machine?

bobcatguy

I have no power going to the connection at #4 with or without highflow button pushed. Had to remove the front steering arm panel to access and in doing so had to disconnect several wiring harness connections. Not sure if any of those are related to the high flow circuit.