• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat 863 G Intermittent Seat Light and lockout

Bobcat99

Okay, thanks for the information. I was wondering if there's 8 volts at the other sensors that that means the controller's okay. So, that's good to know. I'll check that next.

Still not sure what to make of the ~4 volts on two of the seat switch wires, if you're supposed to treat both as INPUT (and so combined, 8 volts) until the magnet is introduced (then one becomes output signal voltage?). Or if 8 volts should be individually present at one of the three wires.

Anyway, in the mean time, I'm going to look into the other sensors and check voltage.

Thanks again.

Joe

Bobcat99

Okay, at the engine oil sensor, I'm getting the same readings, about 3.5 volts. I didn't bother checking the other sensor, as I can't lift the cab inside my garage, and I didn't want to deal with oil pressure sensors shutting me down.

Anyway, so I'm getting less than half the necessary voltage at two sensors. At this point the only thing I can think of to ask is is there any chance I have a problem with voltage input into the controller, and not the controller itself? Or would that have already showed up in other areas of the machine? I know the left hand gauge panel gets battery voltage all the time. Ignition should be the same. Could the supply wiring to the controller be bad, does that make any sense?

Joe

Bobcat99

Okay, I pulled out the rubber seal/boots on the back of terminal connector J2, and with it plugged into the controller and the key on, I probed the orange wire, which should be the power supply (return switched power from the ignition) into the controller. I am getting 12+ volts going into the controller, tested to chassis ground and to black (2900?) wire in terminal and also to the blue wire 3910 ground going to seat bar switch.

I am also getting the same 3-4 volt reading out of the blue seat bar power wires directly at the J2 connector.

I removed the controller and opened it up. Dusty, but no visible short damage and the seal wrap still intact on the board.

But, I think I've isolated the power in and out as much as possible. Doesn't seem like there's anything else that it could be other than the controller.

If anyone has any last thoughts, please let me know. Otherwise, I guess it's going to have to go to Bobcat.

Thanks.

Joe