• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat 763G Traction Lock Won't Engage

DieHardDIY

Hey everyone, I have a 2003 Bobcat 763G that has an issue with the traction lock, it won't engage when the pedal/switch is activated. I've done some work to diagnose but have hit a dead end, below is what I know so far.

1. The switch that is activated by the pedal does not have continuity when the switch is activated or not activated (I assumed it would given there are only two wires going to it, I figured when you press the switch you complete the circuit and indicate continuity when testing the plug going to the switch)
2. If I use a jumper wire in place of the switch, it still does not activate the traction lock (i was trying to rule out the switch)
3. The solenoid that pushes the wedge which engages the traction lock appears to be fine based on the ohm test. It has a black ground, a red wire for the hold coil, and a white wire for the pull coil. I get .4 ohms on one and 11.2 ohms on the other which based on what I've read, is within spec
4. I don't see any obvious breaks in the wiring or other corrosion indicating a short or lack of ability to conduct

Do I have a controller problem? What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance for the input and advice, I'm happy to collect more details if they will help diagnose the issue.
-Brent

DieHardDIY

I must've found a challenging scenario, if my question was dumb, someone would have certainly pointed that out by now.. Again any help is much appreciated!