• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat 763 Electrical, Gauges come on 1 second, Then says Input

Bobcat Crazy

Occupation
Environmental Services Director
Have you got any ideas why the board shorted??? or do you think it was just from the corrosion and gunk in there??? I would try to identify where those connections go and make sure you don't have wiring harness issues or something else outside the CPU that might have caused some of the problems...

On the pen, that was just a quick links I put in there to let you know the alternatives were out there normally I get that kind of stuff from an electronics clearing house or digikey... or ebay...etc...
I'm hoping it was just all of the moisture, corrosion, and gunk in there. As best I can tell the components don't look to be burned or damaged in any way. (I realize these can have internal damage without showing it externally) but if any had internal damage bad enough to burn the trace in to I think they would show external damage.

I have tested and ohm the wires and they seem to be good. I haven't found any shorted to ground or any that show they are shorted together. And I have tested them several times now. I tested them, again and again, thinking I had missed something because I was still getting the Input code. But when I finally opened up the controller I feel pretty sure this is the issue.

So when my silver pen arrives I will try it out to see if I can get it to connect. I sure hope so but if not it will be back to the drawing board again. :rolleyes:o_O

Bobcat Crazy

Occupation
I'm hoping it was just all of the moisture, corrosion, and gunk in there. As best I can tell the components don't look to be burned or damaged in any way. (I realize these can have internal damage without showing it externally) but if any had internal damage bad enough to burn the trace in to I think they would show external damage.

I have tested and ohm the wires and they seem to be good. I haven't found any shorted to ground or any that show they are shorted together. And I have tested them several times now. I tested them, again and again, thinking I had missed something because I was still getting the Input code. But when I finally opened up the controller I feel pretty sure this is the issue.

So when my silver pen arrives I will try it out to see if I can get it to connect. I sure hope so but if not it will be back to the drawing board again. :rolleyes:o_O
Okay Team, I am just getting back to the 763.
I hope all of you are doing well in this crazy time of C19 and gov overreach!

Update, I received the silver trace pen I learned about from you Guys and made the repair to the smaller copper track that was burned in to. And someone repaired the larger copper track with a piece of wire and solder (I still am not admitting that it may have been me:D;)) that looks pretty rough in the pics I posted.

So before when I switched the key on I would get the (Input) in the readout for just a couple of seconds and then it would go blank. Now after I repaired the circuit board when I switch it on I am not getting anything at all.

The wiring harness checks out good, no fuses are blown, I have checked again for pushed back pins and haven't found any :confused::confused::(:mad:

Being I was previously getting the Input message and now I am not getting anything I am not sure what that is supposed to be telling me. :rolleyes::confused:

Any ideas where I might go next?

Bobcat Crazy

Occupation
I am an electronic engineer, I believe I can help you,
contact me with whatsapp or mesenger
+355686845995
Hi Alfred,
I am just getting back on (been crazy busy lately) I appreciate you trying to help me with this. I don't know what either of the two sites are nor how to get started with them. Can you help me through this site with the issue I am having with the 763?

Here is the model and serial number of the machine
Bobcat 763 model and ser tag.JPG

Here is the label on the controller
763 controller part number.JPG

All help is appreciated!
B-Crazy

JNewton

Just wondering if you were able to get the 763 working? I am having a similar problem with my 763G Serial # 517618532, no power at all when I turn on the key. Machine was working fine the day before and then nothing. I checked fuses and relays and all were good. I have power on the red wire, protected power going to the right panel. I tried a new right panel and key switch from Bobcat and same results. I have continuity on all wires from the right panel to the left panel and down through C408 and though to the J2 connector on the main computer. Not sure what tells the computer to power on, thought it was the key switch but all wires checked out good. Out of options I jumpered a 12v power wire into the orange wire, computer power, it runs from the main computer up to the right and left panels. The park light comes on and the right panel reads "input" when power is supplied. When I turn the key on the panels lights up the machine starts and appears to function normally. Like to fix the machine properly but just glad I got it to run for now.