• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat 753 tilt/lift light

Tbobinac

Hello, We were running our bobcat 753 s/n 515843577 most of morning. Went to get another load of dirt with truck, came back machine turned on but bucket would not move. Looked at light panel, the tilt/lift light is not on. Checked, no codes showing up. The machine moves around but the bucket does not lift or tilt. I can move the pedals if i push on them really hard, so I am guessing something electrical...

I can't seem to find what the problem is to be able to fix. Someone suggested the BICS, we just put a new one in January, don;t think I need a new one so soon. Someone else suggested the solenoid, I changed that this weekend still no light. Please note when I went to change the solenoid, the cab was really loose to the frame (bolts were worn out), I put new bolts in and made sure it was tighten down. Also I did check the fuse, looked fine but I put a new one in just to try, but still no light.

I don't mind ordering another BICS if that is what you think, but wondering why I am going through one so quick?

Txhayseed

Take the solenoids out then plug them back in. If you got pedals with solenoids removed then you know they are not pulling and releasing the pedal lockouts. If you got pedals with solenoids removed make sure they are actually pulling when you command them to release. You might also check your harness really well for any rub throughs etc. Since you can move the traction lock is obviously working. ID hone in on the solenoids and associated wiring

fotokemist

This is likely irrelevant, but I had the same symptoms with a 1998 Bobcat 863 (lift arm and tilt would not work while Bobcat would move). Turned out that 1/2 of the main hydraulic drive belt had broken. Apparently the remaining 1/2 belt could produce enough hydraulic pressure to move the beast but not enough to lift the bucket. Replaced the belt and it works fine.