• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat 753 drive is jerking

pjcat

I recently purchased an older 753 serial# 508615824 The engine has only 1080h on it, but the machine was sitting for quiet a while. So I serviced everything, replaced hoses, the whole tlc. After all I tested the machine and it worked great, had to adjust the neutral a little and everything was fine.
Then on one of the drive motors oil started to leak; I found on one of the hoses the o-ring went bad. So I replaced it and the leak stopped. But now that motor is jerking in forward; I have to push the steering lever hard forward and back to get the motor going and then it feels like it slows down again, but it's only in forward a problem, reverse seems to work ok. I was thinking if there is air in the system that needs to be bleeded? But I couldn't find any info for something like that, so that's probably not the problem.
What could it be then, I only changed the o-ring and before it was working fine?
Thanks for any advice.
pj

pjcat

By now I can answer this myself: Took out the motor and found pieces of the old o-ring were stuck in the directional check valve/relief. To make sure I opened up the whole thing and also saw that parts of the interior seals were totally deteriorated; they literally dissolved. So I ordered a new seal kit and got new o-rings; waiting for it to arrive and slam it back together, and call me an experience richer.
Thanks.
pj

Tenwheeler

Thanks I own one doing the same thing. Was told it needs a pump from an experienced owner operator. I am sure that would fix it but have been putting it off. Will check that out soon.

pjcat

I was surprised that just some small little pieces of an o-ring can jam it up like that.
On the other hand now after opening it I can say that theses motors are really not that complicated as I thought. I was looking at more difficult hydraulic components in the past. The only thing is important to reassemble it correctly back together.
pj