• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat 751 float position not working

dae06

Hey guys,

This is a "new-to-me" Bobcat 751. I was going to try floating the lift arm to back drag a driveway. I cannot get float to engage. What should I be looking for and where do I start?

Thanks

Welder Dave

Does it engage with a foot pedal? I don't have a Bobcat but on mine you have to make a really direct bump with your toes on the top of the pedal to get float to kick in. Could also check and make sure there's no dirt or sticks blocking the linkage.

squidrig

Occupation
cranberry grower
Does it float if you hold pressure on the pedal? Sometimes the ball detent won't hold from wear or worn or bent linkage. Personally I don't like the float for backdragging tends to leave a wavy finish.