• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat 751 F -- Replacing Hydraulic Line (from pump to filter)

Lee_in_Georgia

Hey everybody… I’m about to replace a hydraulic line that runs from the hydraulic filter to the backside of the hydrostatic pump. It looks like it’s going to be a PITA, so I was hoping somebody out there might have done this and could share any pointers they have picked up.

For the end connected to the hydraulic filter, it looks like I’ll have to remove the filter mounting block and then disconnect the hose. I can’t see any way to get a wrench in there otherwise. The other end (connected to the pump) is where I really have questions. There’s not much room back there and you can’t see it without a mirror. My first take is that the exhaust manifold, fan, and one rigid cooling line will have to be removed to gain access to be able to remove and install that end of the hose. Maybe a crow’s foot, cutoff wrench, or something would do it… but it still looks like it’ll be difficult to get enough leverage on the tool (as it’ll have to be really short) to tighten the line back up.

Hopefully, somebody will have done this and can give me some advice… thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

• Filter Hose.jpg
    Filter Hose.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Pump Hose Close.jpg
    Pump Hose Close.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Pump Hose Far.jpg
    Pump Hose Far.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Pump.jpg
    Pump.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 7

Lee_in_Georgia

Oops... I apparently posted this in the wrong forum (again). It appears the Bobcat 753 is not a "mini" skid steer. I will repost in "Skid Steers".