1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

bobcat 743b manuals

Discussion in 'Skid Steers' started by CASE1234, Jun 14, 2019.

1. CASE1234

CASE1234 Well-Known Member

found a service manual free on the net. downloaded it but I cant fine a PARTS or OPERATING manual for it. anyone know where there is a free download for them. thanks norm

2. PEVO

PEVO Well-Known Member

do you have this?

Attached Files:

3. PEVO

PEVO Well-Known Member

ive been working on repowering a 743 that had a wore out kabota v1702 in it. Repowering with a v2203. Skid Steer had lots of small issues that just added up to a PITA. In addition to another engine, i replaced the main seal on the back of the hydro pump, new radiator, muffler, seat...in addition to going throu the entire wiring system (nothing worked...all abandoned except for ign and glow plugs...all gauges and idiot lights working now). Have started it up, but still have some minor issues to fix...plus im rattle can repainting it too. Plus adding LED lighting.

4. Ronsii

Ronsii Senior Member

s/e Heavy equipment operator
    If you haven't checked the chain case yet.... you might want to before you start moving it around ;) Things you might find: No oil, plenty of water, very loose and worn out chains, worn out parking brake system, loose bolts to sprockets...etc... when the chains get too loose you'll end up chipping teeth off the sprocket$$$ when it runs out of oil and then water gets in there you'll wear out the seal$$$ .... and then the axle bearing$$$

5. CASE1234

thanks for that manual. the gage panel is different on the 743b .

6. PEVO

PEVO Well-Known Member

yea my gauge panel is a bit different too on my 1991 model. Still it gave me a good starting point on chasing wiring problems thou

7. CASE1234

my serial number is 5093-------- not sure of the year. I think its a 92 but I haven't found a place to tell me for sure. do you have to raise the cab to inspect the chain drives. thanks

8. Ronsii

Ronsii Senior Member

s/e Heavy equipment operator