• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

bobcat 743 revelations (to me anyway)

PEVO

The more videos and articles i read about this wore out 743 model i bought(newbe to bobcat ownership for farm use)...the more stuff i see taken off it. First off no seat safety bar or seat belt. Was going to ask what the two push down slide levers on either of the inside cab were...but figured it out....more parts of the defeated safety system. Raised the cab up, gas piston on one side only....of course no locking safety catch either. Have not raised the bucket all the way up to get it out of the way for whatever reason...no safety catch there either. Whoever owned this machine over the years was really safety conscious!

Ronsii

Occupation
s/e Heavy equipment operator
They probably just salvaged parts off it for a machine that needed to have those bits operational...

PEVO

i guess this will restore job. Since i have it gutted, radiator, cooling shroud out etc...i can get to everything. Unit had direct short wiring issues at one time, i see a melted wire in the harness inside the engine compartment. Nothing on overhead works, an add on red and black wire zip tied to the harness tells me it is FUBAR. im going to go thru all the wiring to get everything working again. Since i can get to everything with ease right now. Plus i want to keep tabs on my repowered engine.