1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Bobcat 709 on a Cat 226?

Discussion in 'Skid Steers' started by Cory76, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Cory76

Cory76 Active Member

Hi Guys, I just bought a bobcat 709 excavator attachment and was wondering if it will work on a Cat 226 skidsteer? From what I can gather on YouTube and google they will couple together and the 2 hose aux hyd will work It’s just the big lock pins that may be a problem? Is there somewhere that a mount kit would be available to make it work with the Cat? Thanks!

2. Cory76

Cory76 Active Member

3. Cory76

Cory76 Active Member

4. Cory76

Cory76 Active Member

As you can see in the picture someone has one a cat with an adapter bracket. That’s what I think I’m looking for.

5. Tyler d4c

Tyler d4c Senior Member

Looks like your going to be making them the same as in the photo

6. KSSS

KSSS Senior Member

excavation
    I had a CASE BH attachment on a CASE 1840 years ago. It had tie down locations, but I never used them. The tilt cylinder will give over time but you typically end up relocating the machine anyway. I am not sure if this would work in this case, but I would run it as it is and see if that coupler is necessary.

7. Cory76

Cory76 Active Member

Ya I was wondering if they were really needed. I guess like you said, would just have to try it.

8. Cory76

Cory76 Active Member

It does look like the brackets on that cat in the pic are a factory built thing though

9. Evening Digger

Evening Digger Active Member

I've run a 709 on my Bobcat both with and without the brackets. It's considerably smoother with the brackets and I'd suggest making some. That 709 is hard enought to dig with when it's stationary!

10. KSSS

KSSS Senior Member

excavation
    I think those things are all the same. It is fastest way to convince yourself you need a mini ex.

Tags likes this.
  11. Bumpsteer

Bumpsteer Senior Member

Mechanical designer
    The key to running a 709 is throttle way down. Impossible to run at high or full throttle, even with my old 743.

The other problem with high rpm is the hoe will drag the loader all over the place, the vertical stabilizers are more for leveling than digging in. The rear loader tires don't hold position either.

If used properly the 709 is a very capable attachment, slow and steady is how you run.

Ed