• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Makers Acres

Occupation
Imagineer
I am still getting familiar with my Bobcat 442 I recently purchased. Since I brought the machine home, it has the "Low Oil Pressure" light and alarm screaming constantly. I bought an engine oil pressure gauge and connected it right before the engine oil pressure switch.
The idle pressure is 84PSI and High RPM is around 95 PSI with it bouncing after I throttle down.
I do have the service manual for this unit, but I could not find anything in it for the range that this should be. This seems way to high from what I have seen in our postings? Is that correct? If so, what are my first acts of troubleshooting this?

Thanks for your help!

mudnducs

Occupation
retired mech eng
I had a 442 in Oregon for 6 years....loved it. ONLY problem it ever gave me was the oil pressure warning. Checked with manual gage as you did, no problems, same apparent high pressure.

I never found a pressure spec, but ran under the assumption that higher pressure is better than lower pressure. The engine (Deutz turbo diesel) always purred like a kitten so I assume the pressure was in spec.

The problem was in the alarm circuit and turned out to be a corroded connection on the circuit board inside the cab. It took a long time to find and found it by accident.

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
I am still getting familiar with my Bobcat 442 I recently purchased. Since I brought the machine home, it has the "Low Oil Pressure" light and alarm screaming constantly. I bought an engine oil pressure gauge and connected it right before the engine oil pressure switch.
The idle pressure is 84PSI and High RPM is around 95 PSI with it bouncing after I throttle down.
I do have the service manual for this unit, but I could not find anything in it for the range that this should be. This seems way to high from what I have seen in our postings? Is that correct? If so, what are my first acts of troubleshooting this?

Thanks for your help!

Thanks for your help!
What is your email ? I can send you service manual for the engine .

Attachments

• 2011 F oil pressure.png
    2011 F oil pressure.png
    102 KB · Views: 4