• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

BOBCAT 435 ZHS Wiring Issue

DGODGR

I have an '06 Bobcat 435 ZHS with about 6,500 hrs on it now. I don't have the S/N handy at the moment.
Yesterday the machine suddenly stopped traveling. It currently displays trouble code 66-06. According to my son, it is a wire that controls a hydraulic solenoid that needs to open to allow hydraulic flow to the travel motors ("ground fault, hydraulic travel motor solenoid"). He checked out the wires near the hydraulic valve body and he can see where there is a spot that significant wear through the insulation and wire are present. Wire number is 4510. Tomorrow we are going to try to cut out the bad section and splice it back together. This will likely be with but connectors but I don't trust those to last long. Maybe I will solder it? Either way, this is not ideal in my opinion. I think that I may need to replace this harness. Can anyone tell me how difficult that is, what harness I may need, and how much it may cost? I may be open to other suggestions but I would prefer to keep any repair on the "non-McGuiver" side of the spectrum. I want it to work reliably.

DGODGR

It appears that our trouble is with the wires that enable the individual hydraulic circuits once the arm rest/safety bar is lowered in the cab. I would have thought that this would be a single circuit activation (bar goes down= hydraulics work, i.e. a single solenoid that allows all hydraulics to work) but that is not the case on this machine. We tested the power lead on the travel circuit (disconnected it at the plug located at the solenoid) and only had 3v. Then we checked the lead to the front working group (the boom, dipper, bucket) and it had 11.6v. That being the case we switched out the lead that allows the front group to work (again, when the safety bar is lowered) to plug into the travel circuit solenoid. This allowed the travel motors to work so that confirms my suspicions of the wiring harness. This still leaves me with the same questions here for the forum.
Can any one tell me how difficult it is to replace this harness?

Does anyone know exactly which harness this is and the cost?

Is there something else I should be looking at?

I find this odd. There are a lot of Bobcats out there so I would think that there is a large pool of experience to draw from. There also used to be folks on this forum who were Bobcat mechanics, or who were mechanics that had a fair bit of experience working on them (even if they did not work at a dealership), and they contributed regularly to this forum. Have they moved on? The odd part is that nobody has even replied to this query.
BTW, the S/N is 563212285. It's an '06 435HAG

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
A contact has a wiring diagram for the 435 not sure about the ZHS, if it is of help come back I will get a copy.
Kind regards
Uffex

DGODGR

ZHS stands for Zero House Swing. To my knowledge, all 435s are ZHS. Model number and S/N (as taken from the ID plate on the machine) are listed above. I'm not sure if same equipment is sold in UK and USA, or if they are equipped different for over seas. Hopefully they are the same. Any assistance would be appreciated Uffex..

Last edited:

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Attached as requested.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• 435 leccyDia.pdf
    385.3 KB · Views: 3