• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat 2410 Articulated Front End Loader

TomG

Here are some pictures of our 1991 Bobcat 2410 articulated front end loader. It is still a very reliable machine today. We now only use it as our yard machine and I plow with it in the winter. We use it with a one yard heavy material bucket and a 2 yard light material bucket.

To this day I have never seen another Bobcat 2410. I have seen some of the smaller loaders Bobcat used to make. I know we have the only 2410 in New Hampshire. I was wondering if anyone has operated one or even seen one in recent years. And if you have pictures please post!

Also here are two youtube videos of me operating the 2410:
YouTube - Bobcat 2410YouTube - Taking a ride in Bobcat 2410

Attachments

• DSC00469.jpg
    DSC00469.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 13,142
  • DSC00470.jpg
    DSC00470.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 11,616
  • DSC00649.jpg
    DSC00649.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 8,798
  • DSC00651.jpg
    DSC00651.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 8,943
  • DSC00650.jpg
    DSC00650.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 8,351

spitzair

Squamish BC (Home), Slave Lake, AB (Work)
Looks like it moves along at a pretty good clip! Nice machine! I've seen a few around here and there but they are pretty rare! Never got a chance to try one though... What is the engine like to work on being up between the arms like that? From your first video it looks like it would work circles around the 906 cat I operated a looooong time ago... Either that or I'm not much of a 906 operator :p Thanks for sharing!

TomG

Its definitely not the easiest machine to access the motor on but if you look in the second picture, the black panel in between where the machine articulates, is actually a door to access the back of the motor.

powerjoke

Occupation
owner/operator/estimator/mechanic/grunt/ditchdigge
Smooth operator!!

thanks for the post, i like interior shots better than exterior shots most of the time, and it's un-doubtedly a rare machine that i'll prolly never get to operate....thanks again

Pj

TomG

Here are a few more pictures of the motor and the inside of the machine.

Attachments

• DSC00759.jpg
    DSC00759.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 8,150
  • DSC00758.jpg
    DSC00758.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 8,140
  • DSC00756.jpg
    DSC00756.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 8,110
  • DSC00760.jpg
    DSC00760.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 8,092

TomG

The 2410 was made by Bobcat when they were owned by Melroe, but I'm pretty sure it is a true Bobcat machine. Parts are tough to come by, and are getting harder and harder to get every year.

Occupation
Webmaster, Hobbyist
Dang it can haul. How reliable would you say your 2410 is? I'm a webmaster for lineboring.org and we're always looking into downed equipment that need repair, front loaders amongst many.

Nice pictures thanks for sharing.
Remy
lineboring.org

renegade

Occupation
union laborer local 1097
We used to use a bobcat 873 for snow removal and it looks like the 2410 puts it too shame. That thing really handles the snow. Very nice!

TomG

Dang it can haul. How reliable would you say your 2410 is? I'm a webmaster for lineboring.org and we're always looking into downed equipment that need repair, front loaders amongst many.

Nice pictures thanks for sharing.
Remy
lineboring.org

I just noticed your comment, sorry for not responding sooner! It is probably our most reliable machine that we own. Like everyone says... they don't make em like they used to!

kaltoft

Here are some pictures of our 1991 Bobcat 2410 articulated front end loader. It is still a very reliable machine today. We now only use it as our yard machine and I plow with it in the winter. We use it with a one yard heavy material bucket and a 2 yard light material bucket.

To this day I have never seen another Bobcat 2410. I have seen some of the smaller loaders Bobcat used to make. I know we have the only 2410 in New Hampshire. I was wondering if anyone has operated one or even seen one in recent years. And if you have pictures please post!

Hi Tom.

I have recently purchased a Bobcat 2400 loader, a very similar machine to the one you are showing, I believe the 2410 is the same machine as a 2400, just a later model, i think they called them 2410 from 1991/2 on ?

I have no idea when my machine was made, but i think they made them from the late 80's to about 1991/2.

I bought it for snow removal in the winter time, as I have recently bought a property with about 400 yards to the nearest public road. I am sure that this machine will do the job.

As I have just purchased the machine, I dont really know it that well yet. I had the main hydralics line replaced as it was leaking, but even after this procedure the machine still drips fluids in the middle joint where it articulates. I will have to look into that.

The mechanics that changed the hydraulics line had never seen this particular model of Bobcat before, I think they are quite rare...

My main problem with the machine at the moment is that after about 10-15 minutes of continouous driving on a paved road, it drops from high gear into low gear, and I cant get it into high gear again until after it has cooled off for a couple of hours. I told it to the mechanics that changed my hydraulics line, their thought was that maybe one of the hydraulics valves wasn't closing properly, continuously cycling hydraulic oil around the system, heating up the oil and thus making the machine go into low gear. Any thoughts on that?

The person I bought the machine from did not have any kind of documentation for the machine, so I do not own any kind of manuals for it. However I was fortunate to find a maintenance manual online as a pdf file for the 2400/2410 series, but I am yet to come across the owners manual - any idea where I can get a pdf of the owners manual for this?

I have attached a couple of images of the Bobcat 2400

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

IMG_7347.jpg

IMG_7348.jpg

IMG_7350.jpg

IMG_7353.jpg

IMG_7358.jpg

IMG_7359.jpg

IMG_7362.jpg

TomG

Hi kaltoft, nice machine! Great pictures! I'm sure you will like it. From the looks of your inside pictures your machine was originally set up to have the backhoe on it also but i see you have the extra counter weights on the back like my machine.

I have never had your problem of the machine dropping down in to low gear so I can't help you out but your theory sounds very plausible to me. Also I can't help you out on the owners manual. I looked for a good amount of time online and came up with nothing. Maybe try your closest Bobcat dealership?

Good luck with the machine! You will enjoy plowing with it, its great in the snow.