• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat 225 ... should I buy it?

OVERTORQUED

Occupation
Vintage Restos & occasional Tractors
NOW THIS IS RIDICULOUS... had I not decided to double up on the head gaskets I never would have realized how much the first place charged me. I had Garten Tractor in Stockton, ca order it and didn’t pay any mind to the receipt when I picked it up. So got the second one from Sonsray in San Leandro and after picking it up I wanted to double check part numbers. Sonsray charged me 37.00 and Garten had charged me 387.00. We are talking a 3 cylinder head gasket here... clearly something wrong with that. Am I missing something here? When I called Garten on it they told me that’s what the computer says and they couldn’t do anything about it. I asked him that being he was the manager, could he not look into it, to which he refused and told me they don’t do returns on ordered parts. Really? Time waiting, fuel to pick up and then your just going to rob me of almost 400.00 on a gasket I picked up somewhere else for 37.00? I know tractor parts are a bit more but really? Asshat- well I know where NOT to go now. Guess all that’s left is to see if it works.

Tenwheeler

One sounds really high and the other really low.
I have overhauled some Isuzu, Hino and Kabota engines. OEM parts are expensive but I see very inexpensive parts available from China. I chose not to take the risk.
Bought some Isuzu parts from an outfit in Miami. Thank their name has three letters. Some of them were in Isuzu packaging and none were from China. Had a hard time understanding Hector but the service, price and parts were good.