1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Blue tooth pressure transducer

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by nowing75, Jun 2, 2017.

1. nowing75

nowing75 Senior Member

image.jpeg I found thes online the other day and ordered 2. Have not had a chance to try them but looks to be handy as you read the psi from phone or tablet with there app. $200 each not sure I need them but I like gadgets

StanRUS likes this.
  2. Junkyard

Junkyard Senior Member

Field Mechanic
    Heck yeah I need to look into that. Be nice to be unattached when checking pressure. How many will the app read at one time? Got a link to them?

3. sandy

sandy Well-Known Member

diesel mechanic
    Only downside that I can see, You have finished the job, packed up and an hour into the journey home.
    Then its did I get that tranducer off from underneath? stop search the truck, then retrace your steps.
    and there it is small and where you left it.
    not that i have ever done something like that:rolleyes:
    Still going to have to get me some $295 australian

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  4. Junkyard

Junkyard Senior Member

Field Mechanic
    Yeah there is that! I've left my cordless impact under a machine a couple times after bolting the covers up. Thankfully both times I got back to the machine before it had been used and crushed my impact. It's a wonder it doesn't happen more often!

5. nowing75

nowing75 Senior Member

http://www.transducersdirect.com/
    Can only read 2 at a time is kinda a down fall but you could have more and you would have to just switch views. Will have to try them out Monday

6. nowing75

nowing75 Senior Member

I was thinking of putting a remove before flight flag on them to keep me from forgetting them

7. wrwtexan

wrwtexan Senior Member

Indy Farm Wrench, heavy land clearing, rancher
    I did a short stint at a big aircraft reman plant where the mechanics had to check out a tool and leave a tag on a board which was retrieved upon tool return so nothing was left someplace it shouldn't be. Maybe keep a tag with it that you pull and put someplace obvious (service truck steering wheel) until they are re-paired and stowed after finishing.

HDMRice likes this.
  8. ohiofleet

ohiofleet Well-Known Member

let me know how they work

9. Ruger_556

Ruger_556 Well-Known Member

Those look awesome...! No more trying to get the gauge to stay where you can see it while you go down the road. There are some places I don't think those will fit (M11's in Freightliner FLD's come to mind) but a guy could put a 90° fitting w/whip hose on there and fix that. I do like to watch a needle move sometimes though :cool:

What does the in app screen look like? How fast does it pickup changes in pressure?

10. nowing75

nowing75 Senior Member

Not sure yet Ruger

11. nowing75

nowing75 Senior Member

Wrwtexan that's where I got the idea of the streamers I work on large a/c on in my spare time and we put them on gear pins or any test equipment to keep us from forgetting it.