• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Blue tooth pressure transducer

nowing75

image.jpeg I found thes online the other day and ordered 2. Have not had a chance to try them but looks to be handy as you read the psi from phone or tablet with there app. $200 each not sure I need them but I like gadgets

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Heck yeah I need to look into that. Be nice to be unattached when checking pressure. How many will the app read at one time? Got a link to them?

sandy

Occupation
diesel mechanic
Only downside that I can see, You have finished the job, packed up and an hour into the journey home.
Then its did I get that tranducer off from underneath? stop search the truck, then retrace your steps.
and there it is small and where you left it.
not that i have ever done something like that:rolleyes:
Still going to have to get me some $295 australian

Last edited:

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Yeah there is that! I've left my cordless impact under a machine a couple times after bolting the covers up. Thankfully both times I got back to the machine before it had been used and crushed my impact. It's a wonder it doesn't happen more often!

wrwtexan

Occupation
Indy Farm Wrench, heavy land clearing, rancher
I did a short stint at a big aircraft reman plant where the mechanics had to check out a tool and leave a tag on a board which was retrieved upon tool return so nothing was left someplace it shouldn't be. Maybe keep a tag with it that you pull and put someplace obvious (service truck steering wheel) until they are re-paired and stowed after finishing.

Ruger_556

Those look awesome...! No more trying to get the gauge to stay where you can see it while you go down the road. There are some places I don't think those will fit (M11's in Freightliner FLD's come to mind) but a guy could put a 90° fitting w/whip hose on there and fix that. I do like to watch a needle move sometimes though :cool:

What does the in app screen look like? How fast does it pickup changes in pressure?

nowing75

Wrwtexan that's where I got the idea of the streamers I work on large a/c on in my spare time and we put them on gear pins or any test equipment to keep us from forgetting it.