• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bleeding Meritor Full Pressure Hydraulic Brakes

mekanik

I have a bus in the shop with Wabco Full Pressure Hydraulic brakes. It was towed to the shop
after someone butchered the wiring harness and swapped the brake ECU from another vehicle.
I replaced the fuses and smoke started coming out of the ECU. I ordered a complete
Hydraulic Compact Control Unit for it.
Does anyone here know where to get an adaptor that will fit the reservoir on the master cylinder?
Meritor says not to manually bleed the system that it must be pressure bled.
The Snap-On dealer could not supply us with one.
There are a lot of these on the roads what are mechanics using to bleed them?

Terry

Truck Shop

Fellow I know who takes care of the local school buses had his adaptor made.

mekanik

I bought a 18" length of 2" round aluminium yesterday. I spent a couple hours last night machining the lock ring. It was a real pain machining the bayonet lugs. A 1/8" endmill running at 900 rpm. I cut a snap ring groove in it and I am going to make it in two pieces.
LYWBAW8.jpg

The finished lock ring waiting for some final deburring.
GEXWjuf.jpg

mekanik

A little touch up with a file and the ring fit perfectly. Made the rest up and pressed it together.
The manual says to put 35 PSI in the plastic reservoir and if you have difficulty bleeding the brakes raise the pressure to 45 PSI. I think I will do that with the hood closed.
c8t9FYu.jpg

BNmLBeq.jpg